EP 324 Principles of Training for Sports Performance and Health
This course is an introductory course for training principles for athletic performance and health. It aims to investigate the relationship between the principles of training and athletic performance and health. It also seeks to provide knowledge of key principles of training and how to develop physical performance and its impact on health. In addition, the course aims to provide training sessions in order to improve skills in measuring and evaluating fitness elements and performance by using available training technology. Moreover, the course aims to enable students to prepare and develop training programs for sports and health purposes.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
* Identify the nature of sports training and its principles as well as its applications in sport and physical activity.
* Identify the elements of fitness and understand of how to measure fitness elements.
* Improve physical performance and its impact on health.
* Use modern training technology for evaluation in order to improve physical performance.
* Understand the factors affecting physical performance and health.
* Understand the importance of the link between sport sciences and the methods of how to implement them on training programs.