Dr. Ebtisam Alabdulqader is an assistant professor in the Information Technology Department, College of Computer and Information Sciences at King Saud University. She has a PhD in Computing science and HCI from Open Lab Newcastle University (GB). Also, she is the founder of ArabHCI community and the Vice Director of Digital Innovation at Entrepreneurship Institute.
Her current research focuses on HCI aspects of social computing, interaction design, participatory design, CSCW, social innovation and community-driven research. Dr. Ebtisam is an active professional member of SIGCHI community, with a history of volunteer work with the leading international community of professionals interested in research, education and the practical application of HCI.
Besides her work and research, she was also engaged in STEM programs for promoting computer science careers in Saudi Arabia. Additionally, she has been honored with Teaching and Advising Excellence Award (three times) and the Excellence in Research Award.
- IT 427 - IT Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- IT 326 - Data Mining
- IT 222 - Database Systems Principles
- IT 320 - Practical Software Engineering
- CSC 111 - Computer Programming
BSc Graduation Projects
- (2021-2022) Focus-Spot Finder: a location-based mobile app for work spaces.
- (2020-2021) Lassen: video-based mobile communication app for stammering therapy.
- (2020) KSUERS: a mobile social network application for KSU students (co-supervision with Dr. Mashael Alsaleh).
- (2012-2013) Smart Hajj: a SC-based technology (smart card) to enhance the quality of Hajj services.
MSc Graduation Projects
- (2022-2023) Effects of Explanations on Users' Emotional Responses in Recommender Systems.