the main purpose for this course?
This course aims to:
- Enable students to know concepts of leisure, play and recreation, and discover the relation and differences among them.
- Allow students to develop a foundation for programming
- Develop students’ awareness of recreation areas and recreational sports and the activities comprising each area.
- Develop an understanding of the philosophy underlying the provision of Recreation Programs, by different agents, and the approaches used.
- Enable students to know the basic steps of program design and develop designing ability.
- Develop students’ awareness of administrative and professional requirements for recreation program design.
This course aims to explore the relationship between recreational programs and concepts of leisure, play and recreation, and relate it to the philosophy underlying provision of Recreation Programs, by different agents, and the approaches used. Also, it seeks to develop designing abilities of recreational programs in general and sports recreational program in particular with considerations for administrative and professional programming requirements.