Wealth Management FIN 573
The course covers topics in investment management such as asset allocation, investment styles, portfolio rebalancing, evaluation of portfolio performance, and professional asset management. Students will be given the opportunity to manage a virtual fund. The experience of managing virtual money will greatly increase the students' chances to succeed and excel in the profession of asset management.
Course objectives. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Manage Wealth
2. Describe the analytical tools needed for effective portfolio management
3. Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the application of techniques in
financial analysis and assets allocation. Gather, categorize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate relevant qualitative and quantitative information and develop the ability to be creative and innovative through the completion of a final assets management project.
4. Develop communication strategies for discussing financial performance and asset allocation.
5. Compute and appraise the risk and performance quotient of a portfolio
6. Construct and rebalance efficient portfolios by employing strategic core
skills required by modern portfolio managers