Translation in Humanities Syllabus – Fall 2019
|Course Code & No.:
|Credit Hours: 2 hrs||Course Instructor:
1st, Fall 2019
|Main Course Goals:
Introducing students to the concept and nature of sight translation.
Introducing students to the practice of sight translation from and into Arabic language and familiarizing students with the linguistic, cognitive and psychological skills sight translation requires.
|Course Texts: A selection of texts on various topics.|
Midterm 1: 20pts Quiz: 10pts
Midterm 2: 25pts Participation: 5 pts Final exam: 40pts
|Office: S 48||Office hours: Mon 12-1:30, Thurs 10-11:45|
Absence Warning: 25% & above Banning from final exam: 25% & above
(1) Since language accuracy is core to translation and interpreting, expect strict, detailed grading of all language errors, in all courses.
(2) Right after being absent from an exam, a valid verifiable excuse must be presented to the exam committee for approval. Location: G/16
(3) No points will be awarded for (a) cheating in any exam and/or (b) plagiarism: using other people’s work without proper citation.
For further info on KSU’s plagiarism policies and detection tools, check this link: http://35302.wikispaces.com/file/view/plagiarism+handbook+2011.pdf
(4) A more severe penalty will be implemented upon repeated cheating and/or plagiarism.
(5) Abayas must be removed during class and exams; phones must be switched off and only used for emergencies.
(6) A Psychological Counseling Center is available to students on campus, if needed.