Name: Auhood Abdullah Ibrahim Alfaries
- PhD (Computing and Information systems) Brunel university 2007-2011. Research title:” Ontology Learning for Semantic Web Services”. Available online at http://bura.brunel.ac.uk/handle/2438/4667
- Brunel Associate Practitioner Pathway in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (BAPP). 2009-2010.
- M.Sc. (Computer science – Data Engineering) Keele University 1996-1997. Thesis title: "The development of a tool for visualizing design for domain experts".
- B.Sc. (Double Major: Math + Computer Science) Keele University 1993-1996.
- Vice Dean of E-Learning and distance learning deanship March 2013 - Feb 2015, KSU.
- King Saud University, Chair of Development and Quality Unit, College of Computer and Information Sciences Sept. 2011- March 2013, KSU.
- King Saud University, Assistant Professor since Feb. 2011 – Current.
- King Saud University, Lecturer at the IT department 1999 – 2011.
Certifications or professional registrations:
- 11th Annual Learning and Teaching symposium 2010, Brunel University
- Information Systems and Computing Research Methods Course, Brunel University.
- GATE summer school in text analysis - University of Sheffield 2009.
Current membership in professional organizations:
- Associate of the UK Higher Education Academy in June 2011.
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Oct 2012.
- Member of the Saudi Computer Society since 2013.
Recent professional development activities:
- KAUST Saudi Leadership program, By UC Berkely in April 2014.
- Training program in eLearning, Distance education & Blended Learning By FCG, Finland in 2013.
- Certificate in Educational leadership by Florida Atlantic University in June 2013.
- Excellence in undergraduate education workshop by ministry of higher education, May 2013.
- Institute for the Development of Excellence in Assessment Leadership (IDEAL), By ABET in Jan. 2012.
- Management and Implementation of Self Study for Institutional Accreditation workshop by (NCAAA) Oct. 2011.
- Learning outcome Assessment workshop by Skills and development deanship, King Saud University Nov 2011.
- Building Course folder workshop by Skills and development deanship, King Saud University Nov 2011.
- Teaching and learning strategies by Skills and development deanship, King Saud University Nov 2011.
- Smarter Student Feedback workshop, Brunel University June 2011.
Program committee member:
- LREC 2014 (Free/Open-Source Arabic Corpora and Corpora Processing Tools).
- ICALT 2014 (The 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies).
- MEDER-2013 Conference (The First International Workshop on Mining Educational Data for effective Educational Resources).
Semantic Web, Ontologies and web services. Knowledge Engineering and Information Extraction.
Member of IWAN Research Group, Website: http://iwan.ksu.edu.sa
- H. Kurdi, M. Enazi, A. Alfaries, “Evaluating Firewall Models for Hybrid Clouds,” In proc. of The 7th European Modelling Symposium on Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation, 20-22 November 2013, Manchester, UK.
- Auhood Alfaries, Manal AlBahlal, Manal AlMazrou and Amal AlMazrou. “A Rule Based Annotaiton System to Extract Tajweed Rules”. Taibah University International Conference on Advances in Information Technology for the Holy Quran and Its Sciences. Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah, Saudi Arabia 22-25 December 2013
- Auhood Alfaries, Hend S. Al-khalifa, Muna Al-Razgan, Mashael Al-Duwais. Evaluating the Accessibility and Usability of Top Saudi E-Government Services.The 7th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV2013). Seoul, Republic of Korea. 22–25 October 2013.
- Al-Yahya M, Alfaries A, George R. 2013. CURONTO: an ontological model for curriculum representation. ACM conference on Innovation and technology in computer science education.
· Alfaries A., David Bell, Mark Lycett, (2013) "Motivating service re-use with a web service ontology learning", International Journal of Web Information Systems, Vol. 9 Iss: 3, pp.219 - 241
· Aldin L., Alfaries A. 2012. Semantic Business Process Pattern To Web Service Mapping: An Experimental Framework. IADIS International Journal On Computer Science And Information System. 07(2); 69-86. Available At Http://Www.Iadis.Net/Dl/
· AL Asswad, M, Alfaries A, Ds Cesare S, Lycett M. 2012. Semi-Automatic Annotation Of Web Services: A Comparative Analysis And Research Agenda . Int. J. Semantic Computing. 06(02):243-259. Available: Http://Www.Worldscientific.Com/Doi/Abs/10.1142/S1793351x12500043
· Aldin, L, Alfaries A, De Cesare S. 2011. Business Process Patterns Automation: State Of The Art And Research Challenges. IADIS: International Association For Development Of The Information Society.
· Alfaries, A. 2010. Ontology Learning For Semantic Web Services. Information Systems And Computing. Available At: Http://Bura.Brunel.Ac.Uk/Handle/2438/4667
· Alfaries A., Bell D.; And Lycett M., "Ontology Learning For Semantic Web Services" (2009). UK Academy For Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2009. Available At Http://Aisel.Aisnet.Org/Ukais2009/3.
- King Saud University,
IT Department, College of computer and information sciences,
Dirayah Girls Campus
P.O. Box 22452, Riyadh 11495