- 06/11/2002 degree in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technologies from the University of Sassari (110/110 with honors)
-01/10/2008 awarded PhD in Chemistry (2004-2007) obtained at the University of Bristol, School of Chemistry (UK)
-01/02/2007-12/22/2007. Postdoctoral Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT, USA)-Department of Chemistry.
- 01/01/2008-01/10/2008. Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Sassari (IT)
- 01/03/2010 - 06/31/2016. Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Florence-Department of Chemistry "Ugo Schiff". (IT)
- 01/09/2015-11/12/2015. Lecturer at University of New Haven, Tagliatela College of Engineering, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Meadow Campus. (IT)
- 01/07/2016 – 12/31/2017. Postdoctoral University of Florence Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Drug Area and Child Health (NEUROFARBA). (IT)
- 01/01/2018-29/02/2020 Junior Assistant Professor at University of Florence Department of Neuroscince, Psychology, Drug Area and Child Health (NEUROFARBA). (IT)
- Since 01/03/2020 Senior Assistant Professor at University of Florence Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Drug Area and Child Health (NEUROFARBA). (IT)
- As author/co-author 220 scientific articles in peer-reviewed international journals and 9 book chapters, 5 patents
- Hirsch Index is 49 with 8850 citations (source Scopus)
- Hirsch index is 53 with 10010 citations (source Scholar)
Projects financed as PI or Participant
- EU Horizon 2020-Springboard, (Participant)
-BANDO RICERCA SALUTE 2018 Regione Toscana BETA3TUMPED (Participant)
-ECRF Bando Ricerca Scientifica 2019 (PI)
-Progetto Internazionale Project Number 2016/03/6824 (Participant)
- ECRF Multi-user Equipment Program 2016 granted for the acquisition of VEVO-LAZR-X instrumentation (Participant)
- "Novel quinazolinone-based Carbonic Anhydrase IX inhibitors as potential tumor agents" Project Number 2016/03/6824, funded by Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University (Co-PI)
- 2 Projects entitled "PX-Compounds as possible Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors" with Phenex Pharmaceuticals (Co-PI)
- “Design and Synthesis of New Agents for the Care and Prophylaxis of Resistant Bacterial Infections” with ECRF 23944-2018.1001 (PI)
- "Targeting Cancer Metabolism: A Fragment Based Approach Towards Bi-Functional Inhibitors of the Key Glycolytic Enzyme hLDH" (12-MED2980-54) with Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University (Participant)
- "Application-oriented development of Carbonic Anhydrase containing Materials for in situ pH modulation: CA pH/CO2 bio-controller materials" (CAMbio-pH) with University of Florence (PI)
- METOXIA (7thth FP), 2009-2014 with EU (Participant)
- Gums & Joints (7thth FP), 2010-2014 with EU (Participant)
Participation to the following national and international conferences:
(PP - Poster Presentation; L Lecture): Krakow, Poland (2003, PP, id 151, 184), Tonbridge, UK (2006, L), Tallin, Estonia (2006, PP, id 19), Bristol, UK (2007, PP), Bristol, UK (2007, L), Pomezia, Italy (2008, PP, id 0120, 0121, 0135), Gargnano, Italy (2008, PP,id 7), Sassari, Italy (2008, PP,id 8, 29, 42), Monsummano Terme (2008, L), Pisa, Italy (2009, PP),Florence, Italy (2009, L), Erzu, Turkeyrum (2011,PP, L); Antalya, Turkey (2012, L), Barcelona, Spain (2012, L),Siena, Italy (2014, L;2015, L),Montecatini Terme, Italy (2013, L), Ustron, Poland (2013, L), Naples, Italy (2013, PP),) Maastrich, The Netherlands (2014, PP;2015, L),Rome, Italy (2016, L),Perugia, Italy (2016, L), Giulianova, Italy (2016, L),Montecatini Terme (2017; L), Irzmir- Dokuz Eylül University (Turkey 2019); Irzmir- EgeUniversity (Turkey 2019)
-Co-organizer of the8th International Carbonic Anhydrase Conference, 16-19 September 2009, Florence.
- Co-organizer of the 3rd Satellite Meeting on Carbonic Anhydrase, May 24-27, 2017 in Montecatini Terme.
- Chairperson and member of the Scientific Committee of the IV Satellite Meeting on Carbonic Anhydrases, 14-17 November 2019 in Parma.
National and international awards for research activities (main ones):
1) Bristol, UK (2006). Poster award at University of Bristol-School of Chemistry. Poster competition for second year PhD students
2) Tonbridge, UK (2006). Talk award at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) symposium for young researchers. Title: Mechanistic studies on Prins-type cyclizations.
3) Bristol, UK (2007). First prize talk award at University of Bristol-School of Chemistry symposium for final year PhD students. Title: Mechanistic studies on Prins-type cyclizations.
4) Erzurum, Turkey (2011). Poster award at the 9th International conference on carbonic Anhydrases.
5) Siena, IT (2015). Talk award at the Tenth European Workshop in Drug Design (XEWDD)
6) Perugia, IT (2016). Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry Award of the Italian Chemical Society (SCI) for academics for the year 2016
7) Winner of a scholarship to participate in the XXXV congress of the Tuscany-Umbria-Marche-Abbruzzo sections (TUMA 2016) of the Italian Chemistry Society (SCI); Giulianova 25-27 September 2016
8) Ranked 12th in the International Top Authors in Medicinal Chemistry rankings by Taylor and Francis (2017).
9) Among the scientific papers published
- Chem Commun (Camb)work. 2012 Aug 25;48(66):8177-9. doi: 10.1039/c2cc33415a. Epub 2012 Jun 26 (number 78 in the full list of publications) got the front cover
- Curr PharmDes. 2016; 22(12):1570-91. Review (number 30 in the full list of publications) was selected by EurekAlert! Science News through a press-release
Editorial Activity (main ones):
- Editorial Board Member of Frontiers in Oncology
- Editorial Board Member of Frontiers in Microbiology
- Editorial Board Member of Forensic Science
- Advisory Board Member in Results in Chemistry
- Section Editor on Natural and synthetic biologically active compounds in Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry
- 2016-2018 Associate Editor of Current Enzyme Inhibition (CEI)
- Since 2018 Frontiers Section Editor of Current Enzyme Inhibition (CEI) Section: Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry (JEIMC)
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of the Turkish Chemical Society, Section A: Chemistry (JOTCSA)
- Editorial Board Member of Current Drug Discovery Technologies (CDDT)
- Editorial Board Member of Applied Sciences –Chemistry Section
- Editorial Board Member of Southern Journal of Research
- Section Board Member of Applied Sciences –Chemistry Section
-Guest Editor in Molecules with the Special Issue entitled “Metalloenzyme Modulators and Enzyme Mimics: Synthesis and Applications”
-Guest Editor in Separations with Special Issue "Application of Chromatography in Forensic Toxicology and Pharmacology"
لا يوجد محتوى حتى الآن
لا يوجد محتوى حتى الآن
لا يوجد محتوى حتى الآن