- Petrology comprises rock ‘s (Ingeous, sedimentary, and metamorphic) formation, occurrence, attitude, structure, mineralogy, chemical composition, to know its origin (Petrogenesis) of rock’s unit diversities,
- To carry out study on forming zone of the lithosphere that are clearly different from their surroundings surrounding rocks, as well as magma generation, and earth’s surface morphology.
- This Course will develop student's knowledge how to use Polarized Microscope( P. M) , and to be acquainted with the principles behind the interaction of light with isotropic and anisotropic minerals in the igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks. Hence, the course objectives summarized as follows:
- Provide the students with an overall knowledge of the different rock types igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks, in addition their mineralogy content or compositions.
- Tto generate the students’ abilities for identifying and for distinguishing the different rocks lithological exposures’ types, as well as its physical properties.
- Provide student’s Capability in communication with others to generate the strategically scientific thinking in petrology features such as rocks occurrence, textures, mineralogy, and structures.