The main objectives of BCH 312 course are :
- To get introduced to the different ways to express concentrations of solutions.
- To learn how to prepare solutions of different conc.
- To understand the dissociation of acids and bases, To get familiar with neutralization and titration problems.
- To understand buffers preparation, mechanism of action and derivation of
Handerson- Hasselbalch equation
- To study the titration of monoprotic and polyprotic acid including the titration of a number of amino acids.
- To get familiar with general calculation used in spectrophotometry including the
Beer-Lambert law derivation and problem solving .