يهدف هذا الكورس الدراسي لتزويد الطلاب بالمعرفة الأساسية والمهارات والقدرات المرتبطة بالمبادئ الأساسية للإدارة في الممارسة الصيدلانية و اقتصاديات الدواء
Course Descriptions and Goals: This course is designed to provide students the core knowledge, skills and abilities associated with basic principles of pharmacy practice management and pharmacoeconomics.
Goals: At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply the concepts of Medication Therapy Management Services.
- Discuss current trends in Pharmacy Practice Management.
- Describe leadership opportunities for pharmacists.
- Understand fundamental pharmacoeconomic terms and apply basic pharmacoeconomics methods.
- Describe and compare the advantages and disadvantages of various pharmacy automation/information used to facilitate medication dispensing.
- Utilize financial and productivity analysis to prepare a financial plan/budget for a pharmacy practice.
- Discuss the relationship of pharmacy practice to patient-related health outcomes.
- Apply the concepts of performance improvement to pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe how to justify, develop, implement, and document clinical pharmacy services.
- Describe trends in drug expenditures and apply appropriate techniques to manage drug expenditures.
- Identify staffing and financial resources for managing and providing a Pharmacy service.
- Describe basic functions of medication use policy, including formulary management and development/implementation of therapeutic guidelines.
- Apply practice management principles to the development of a community pharmacy practice.
- Describe the integration of medication supply with the drug use process.
- synthesize a plan for a contemporary pharmacy practice management issue.