240 كيم - Chem 240 كيميــــــاء عضوية (1) (1) Organic Chemistry
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
· Name organic compounds using IUPAC naming system, their occurrence in nature, physical properties.
· Identify, classify and understand physical and chemical properties of the major functional groups.
· Understanding the basic organic reaction for preparation of common functional groups.
· Understanding the reaction of functional groups and families of organic compounds.
· The practical uses of organic compounds as drugs, food additives, pesticides, plastics, and other products, as well as their occurrence in nature