The Postgraduate Training Center is pleased to announce the 2013 schedule of the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS).
Officially accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
What is it?
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (HCP) Course is a video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches both Single-rescuer and team basic life support.
This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
BLS for Healthcare Providers teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching Technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provides feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills.
With their student manual for the course, students receive the new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
Event website: www.heart.org/healthcaretraining
For more information find attached poster or contact:
Postgraduate Training Center/NGHA ILSTC – KSAU-HS/KAMC
MC 3115 P.O.Box 22490 Riyadh 11426
Tel. +966 (11) 8045991 or +966 (11) 8045913
Fax: +966 (11) 8045447