Databases represent a fundamental subject in computer science and information technology today. Databases are used everywhere in organizations to manage data assets. The objective of this course for the students are:
- Understand concepts and issues associated with designing relational databases using higher level normal forms and multivalued dependencies.
- Understand issues related to data storage including buffer management, File Structure, Indexing and Hashing.
- Understand issues related to query processing and Optimization.
- Understand transaction management including Concurrency Control and Recovery System.
- Be introduced to different Database System Architectures.
- Be introduced to topics such as Data Warehousing, Data Mining, and Information Retrieval.