1. Chief Investigator of the project: “Studies on the ecology and biology of freshwater catfishes from the river Padma” financed by the Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
2. Chief Investigator of the project: “Post harvest management, fish population, exploitation and conservation” financed by DFID, SUFER Project, Bangladesh.
3. Investigator of the project: “Study of industrial sludge toxicity on the growth and survival of freshwater ciliates” financed by University-Industry collaboration Centre, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan
4. Postdoctoral Research: Research entitled “Toxic response and behaviour of C. elegans, Daphnia magna and Dania rerio (Zebra Fish)” Funded by BK-21(Brain Korea- 21century) at Pusan National University, S. Korea (December 2008 to November 2009).
Professor: Department of Zoology, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi 6205, Bangladesh (Lieu)
Past Academic and Research Position Held
Postdoctoral Researcher: Postdoctoral Fellow BK-21 (Brain Korea-Twenty One Century), Department of Biological Sciences, Pusan National University, S. Korea (December, 2008 to November 2009).
Associate Professor: Department of Zoology, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh (May 18, 2002 to June 27, 2007)
Assistant Professor: Dept. of Zoology, Rajshahi University (November 20, 1996 to May 17, 2002)
Lecturer: Department of Zoology, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh (March 20, 1994 to November 19, 1996)
Lecturer: Department of Zoology, Govt. Azizul Haque University College Bogra, Bangladesh (November 20, 1993 to March 19, 1994)
Research Fellow: Dept. of Zoology, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, (July 1992 to October 1993)
Senior Scientific Officer: Fisheries Research Institute, (FRI), Mymensign, Bangladesh, (June, 1992)
Editorial Member: Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, Vol 25, 2007
Postdoctoral Research, 2008-09, Pusan National University, S. Korea (BK-21 Fellowship)
D.Sc., 2005, Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Japan
M.Phil., 1997, Zoology, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
M.Sc., 1988, Zoology, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
B.Sc., 1987, Zoology, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
Date of Birth: March 1, 1967
Birth Place: Bogra, Bangladesh
Passport No.: AE 8348926
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2 Sons
Present teaching duties:
1. Zoology couse 145 for 1st and 2nd semester Undergrade level
2. Zoology Course 571, 572 and 577 Animal ecology and pollution for graduate level
Past Teaching Course:
1. Teaching Duties
First Year U/G Lecture Course on Introduction to Zoology (Pisces to Mammalia)
Second Year U/G Lecture Course on Taxonomy
Third Year U/G Lecture course Wildlife conservation and management
Forth Year U/G Lecture course Ecology and environmental pollution
Practical Courses on the basis of theoretical courses
Supervision of 2 Final Year U/G students for each year
2. Postgraduate Teaching
MS P/G Lecture course on Fisheries: Fish biology, reproductive biology, taxonomy, fisheries conservation & management , and environmental pollution & risk assessment
Practical Courses on the basis of theoretical courses.
Supervision of 2 P/G research students for each year.
3. Ph.D. Research and Courses
Ph.D. Courses are depended on the basis of Ph.D. research topic
Supervision of 6 current PhD Researchers, and co-supervision of 2