CHEM 344; Organic Reaction Mechanism
- Physical method for identification of reactions mechanism.
- Nucleophilic substitution reactions.
- Elimination reactions.
- Addition to carbonyl group.
- Electrophilic and nucleophilic aromatic substitution reactions.
Course Main Objective
By the end of this course, the students should be able to
- Recall the methods used for investigation of reactions mechanism, energy considerations and stereochemical considerations.
- Realize the use of isotopes to understand the reaction.
- Recognize reaction intermediates, symmetry controlled reactions and kinetics.
- Use the applications of reactions (electrophilic, nucleophilic, elimination and addition).
- Recognize molecular rearrangements, structure-reactivity correlations and medium effect.
ملحقات المادة الدراسية