531 Laser Physics (3,0)
A brief history of laser; stimulated emission and spontaneous emission; Einstein's relations; Gain, losses, and amplification of light; Line-shape function and line broadening effects; Optical resonators; Propagation of a Gaussian beam; ABCD law; Operation of a cw laser; Q-switched lasers and mode-locked lasers; and some examples of typical lasers.
- Principles of Lasers, 4th ed., Orazio Svelto, translated by David C. Hanna, (Plenun, 1998).
- Optical Electronics, 4th ed., Amnon Yariv, (Saunders College Press, 1991).
- Quantum Electronics, 3rd ed., Amnon Yariv, (Wiley, 1989).
- Lasers, Anthony E. Siegman, (University Science Books, 1986).
- Laser Electronics, 3rd ed., Joseph T. Verdeyen, (Prentice Hall, 1995).
|Interaction of Radiation and Atomic Systems||6|
|Propagation of Gaussian Beams||3|
|Theory of Laser Oscillation||7|
|Types of Lasers||7|
|Second Harmonic Generation||3|
|Electro optic Modulation of Laser Beams||3|
|Properties of Laser Beams and possible Applications||4|