Phy 574 (Materials Science) for Master degree students
- To familiarize students with advanced knowledge of Materials needed for research and applications.
- To develop the students' understanding of the properties of substances in the light of trends in the properties of elements across the periodic table.
- To develop the students' appreciation of Materials as an experimental science supported by theory as an interpretive and predictive tool.
- To develop in the students' an awareness of the relevance of Materials to other areas of industrial importance, biological systems and environmental issues.
The lecture note will be posted in the website ahead of each lecture. The lecture notes will cover the course materials however it is recommended to get extra materials from the below books.
- W. D. Callister, Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction (John Wiley 2010, 8th edition), (main reference)