Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Dr. Mohammed A. Alzamil
P O Box 102137
Name: Mohammed Abdulaziz Alzamil
DOB: November 03, 1972
University of Texas at Dallas, School of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, (PHD in Physics) , Dallas, TX , May 2005. The PhD work was in soiled state physics, focusing on optical properties of some of the semiconductor materials. The dissertation title is “Defect and Interface States as Measured by Photoreflectance”.
Emporia State University, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, M.S. Emporia, Kansas Aug 2001
Master of Science in physics. Focusing, among others, on small project with the title of “Using LED’s and Laser to Transmit Sound”.
King Saud University, College of Education, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1996
Bachelor of education in physics.
King Fahad High School, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1993
Teacher’s College - Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 2005-pres
Assistant professor, Teaching some of the courses and labs in physics, plus doing some of the administrative works as the head of the physics department. Also, member of some of the committees.
Teacher’s College - Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1997-2005
Teacher assistant, teaching some of the courses and labs in physics.
Teacher’s College - Al-Raas, Qaseem, Saudi Arabia Jan 1997- May 1997
Teacher assistant, teaching some of the courses in physics.
KEY SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Languages: Modern Standard Arabic, English.
Computer: very good skills in using computer (awarded a diploma after completing six months courses in computers, 1999).
Some of the courses that I have taught
1. 101 PHYS- General Physics (1).
2. 103 PHYS- General Physics (2).
3. 391 PHYS- Electromagnetism & Electronics Lab.
4. 291 PHYS- Modern Physics Lab.
5. 392 PHYS- Positive Phenomena Lab.
6. Avionics (Aviation Electronics) at King Feisal Air Academy (KFAA).
Conferences & workshops
1. Workshop by the title of “quality of teaching in the Saudi’s universities” that was held in Umm Al-Qura University 1-2 Oct. 2005.
2. The 2nd general meeting of the Saudi physical society that took place at Umm Al-Qura University 1-2 November, 2005. Among others, this meeting includes very important speech presented by Professor Munir Nayfeh by the title of “the Role of Physics in the Development of Advanced Nanotechnology in Saudi Arabia”.
3. Member of the Saudi physical society.
4. Attending workshop by the title of "The Future of Learning in the Saudi Universities" which took place at King Saud University on 10/12/2007.
5. Attending the International Establishment Workshop for the Excellence Center of Science & Mathematics Education (ECSME) by the title of " Developing Science & Mathematics Education: Vision & International Partnership" 8-9/1/2008.
6. Member of the committee that supervise the Saudi team (usually high school students) that represent the kingdom in the International Physics Olympiad Competition.