OPTO 375 MOCK EXAMS
1. Cortical suppression is very selective because:
A. it develops only in young children
B. it allows light discrimination of function normally
C. it is confined to macular Para macular areas
D. it is confined to the photopic visual state
2. Which of the following may be used to test for suppression?
A. biological motion
B. Bonferroni prisms
C. DaVinci stereoscope
D. Bagolini lenses
3. Using Bagolini filter to test the relative depth of suppression, you find that OS is suppressed using a 1.0 ND filter, but OD is suppressed using a 2.0 ND filter. Based on this, which eye is probably the sensory dominant eye?
C. Either eye is equally likely to be the dominant eye.
D. Not enough information. It will depend on the results of a directional dominance test.
4. Compensating for double vision by ignoring the image from the deviating eye can lead to:
5. Amblyopia that results when each eye has a different uncorrected refractive error is called _______ amblyopia.
6. Which is a common treatment for amblyopia?
A. full refractive correction
B. patching the better eye
C. patching the amblyopic eye
D. A and B
7. A positive (normal) response to the Four Diopters Base-out Prism Test is:
A. a divergence movement of the eye
B. a convergence movement of the eye
C. no movement of the eye
D. excessive blinking
8. when performing the Worth 4 Dot test, the right eye has the red lens in front of it. If the patient is viewing the test with both eyes and she sees two red lights to the left of three green lights, this indicates:
A. an exo deviation (crossed diplopia)
B. an eso deviation (uncrossed diplopia)
C. a right hyper deviation
D. a left hyper deviation