OPTO 374: MOCK EXAMS
1. Which of the following is NOT true about stereopsis?
A. Stereopsis is only possible within Panum’s area
B. It is possible with diplopia.
C. It is a useful way to test the overall function of the binocular system.
D. It is stimulated by horizontal retinal disparity
2. in anomalous correspondence...
A. The subjective and objective angles of strabismus are different.
B. The foveas in the two eyes have the same visual directions.
C. The visual system is left with peripheral diplopia and foveal confusion.
D. One eye always monoculary fixates using some retinal point other than the fovea
3. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of binocular vision?
A. Larger field of view.
B. Greater sensitivity resulting from summation from two detectors.
C. An extra eye in the event that one eye is damaged.
D. Better space perception, especially within arm's length.
4. For which of the following occupations or activities would stereopsis be MOST beneficial?
A. Military fighter pilot.
B. UPS truck driver
D. Deer hunter
5. When performing the Worth 4 Dot test, the eye with the red lens in front of it sees:
A. Two red dots
B. Three red dots
C. Two green dots
D. Three green dots
6. The Red Lens Test is used to evaluate:
B. Double vision
C. An over-minused glasses correction
D. Abnormal retinal correspondence
7. The target for fusional vergence testing is:
A. A red line
B. A white line
C. A white dot
D. An isolated letter on the Snellen’s chart
8. Negative fusional vergence is tested with:
A. base-in prism
B. base-out prism
C. base-up prism
D. base-down prism