Name : Dr. HADIL A. ALOTAIR
Nationality : Canadian
Sex : Female
Status : Married
Address : P.O.Box – 69943
Riyadh – 11557
Assisstant Professor of Medicine.
College of Medicine, King Saud University,Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Consultant In Pulmonology and intensive Care
King Khalid University Hospital.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Consultant in Medical Intensive Care Unit .
- MRCP (UK) , Arab Board ( Internal Medicine), King Saud Fellow Ship in Pulmonology.
- 15 Years in hospital experience in clinical fields of Hematology, Oncology, Gastroentrology, Cardiology, Respiratory, Rheumatology, Neurology, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Infectious Disease, and Emergency Medicine.
- Directly Involved in the Diagnoses and management of Inpatients in Medical Wards including Emergency Admissions.
- Experience in Bronchoscopy, pulmonary function Lab, and Sleep Studies
- Conducted clinincal research in the field of pulmonary , sleep medicine and critical care.
- Supervised Junior Staff Educational Courses, Clinical , and Acadimic Activities
- Conducted Presentations, Lectures, and illustrations for up to date medical topics
- Excellent Communication interpersonal skills, highly motivated, positive, assertive, energetic, Leadership Skills, and strong desire to work efficiently in a team .
Hadeel Al Otair Page 2
EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS
Kuwait University, Kuwait 1985 - 1990
Finished Six years of the facaulty of medicine, due to the gulf war 1990,
I left to Jordan
Jordan University, Amman, Jordan 1990 - 1992
Awarded the Bachelor Degree of Medicine and Surgery ( M.B.B.S )
Passed ( Day – II ) Exam
ARAB Board , Damascaus, Syria 1998
Awarded the Arab Board in Internal Medicine
Canadian Evaluation Exam, Toronto, Canada 1999
Passed the Canadian evaluation Exam
Membership of Royal College of Physicians, UK 2003
Completed MRCP in Internal medicine
KING Saud University,Riyadh , Saudi Arabia 2003
Fellowship in Pulmonology
Medical Council of Canada . Toronto, Canada 2004
Passed the MCC Qualifying Examination Part I
· North America Medical Association - NAMA
· Association of International Physician @ Surgeon of Ontario - AIPSO
· American College of Chest Physicians - ACCP
· American Society of Critical Care Medicine -SCCM
· Saudi Medical Council
· Saudi Thoracic Society-STS
· Jordan Medical Council
Hadeel Al Otair Page 3
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Internal Medicine / Pulmonology Consultant 2005- Present
King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
· Consultant at Medical Intensive Care Unit at KKUH .
· Experianced with Invasive , Non Invasive Ventilation,Heamodynamic support &monitoring.
· Experienced in the diagnoses& management of critically ill patients with various acute medical and chest conditions .
· Experianced with Bronscopic examination including Transbronchial and Endobronchial Biopsies, and Pleural Biopsies
· Medical Senior Registrar/ Pulmonary Fellow 2000-2005
- Completed King Saud Pulmonology fellowship programme &awarded best fellow for Year 2000.
· Provided direct in- patient care including assessment,diagnosis,treatment and follow up for various acute and chronic medical conditions.
· Provided Specialized Medical and Pulmonology Consultation to other Hospital Divisions.
· Provided Specialized Outpatient Care and Management
Supervised Junior Staff and medical students Clinical and Acadimic Activities .
- Conducted clinical researches in the field of Pulmonogy, and sleep medicine .
Specialist Internal Medicine 1998 - 2000
Private Clinic, Amman , Jordan
· Treated outpatients with various Acute and Chronic Medical Conditions
Registrar Internal Medicine 1994-1998
King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
· Completed the requirement of the Arab board and Saudi Board Residancy Program, including clinical rotations in of Hematology, Oncology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Cardiology, Respiratory, Rheumatology, Neurology, Nephrology, and Endocrinology, and Emergency Medicine.
· Managed Critical Care Area including Medical Intensive Care , and Coronary Care Unit.
· Provided immidiate care for Emergency Patients, and Supervised their Management Plan
· Treated outpatients in various Medical Clinics&subspecialities .
· Awarded best residant of the year 1997
Resident Internal Medicine 1993-1994
Jordan University Hospital, Amman, Jordan
· Completed one year of Arab Board Residancy Program in Internal Medicine , during
which I was enrolled in Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Hematology oncology units.
Hadil Al Otair Page 4
Internship Residancy Program 1992-1993
Al – Bashir Hospital, Amman, Jordan
· Completed one year of Internship Residancy Program , during that year I had clinical rotations in Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Gyneocology, and Emergency Department.
- Clinical Teaching of Internal Medicine for third year and fifth year medical students, College of Medicine and King Khalid UniversityHospital, King Saud University
- Training of Interns and Internal Medicine Residents, King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh, KSA
- Examiner in Internal Medicine for medical students ,College of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital, King Saud University, Riyadh, KSA
- General Course Organiser for 441 medical course for final year medical students
- Unusual cause of respiratory distress misdiagnosed as refractory ashma,Annals of Thoracic MedicineJuly 2006 Vol 1,issue 1 :27-29.
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organising Pneumonia :experience at three hospitals in Riyadh,Ann Saudi Med 2007; 27(1):32-35
- Yield &complications of Flexible Fibrooptic Bronchoscopy in a teaching hospital .SMJ2008 Jan;29(1):55-9
- Cardiac function &pulmonary hypertension in patients with bronchiectasis.
- Gender differences in obstructive sleep apnea among saudi subjects .
- Acute Hypoxemia and right ventricular compression by amediastinal mass .Internet Journal of Anesthesia 2007
- Compliance to CPAP in Saudi subjects with Obstructive sleep apnea
- Outcome of patients with pulmonary embolism admitted to ICU
-Gender differences in obstructive sleep apnea among saudi subjects
The fifth annual meeting of Saudi Thoracic society,Riyadh ,Saudi Arabia March2007
-Lung Nodule in a patient with Rheumatoid arthritis,
The fourth annual meeting of saudi thoracic society Jeddah,Saudi Arabia October2006
Riyadh ICU meeting March 2005
-An unusual case of pulmonary Tb .
Riyadh Chest Club meeting ,December2003
-Acute eosinophilic pneumonia
Riyadh Chest club Meeting ,April2004
-Understanding sepsis&septic shock
Internal Medicine update Symposium, King Saud University,March2007
-Management of Status ashmaticus
Advances in Emergency care Symposium,Prince Salman Hospital, May2006
-Sedation &analgesia in the Intensive care unit
-Vasopressors &Inotropic support in Septic shoch
Seminars on Updates in ICU management,Prince Salman Hospital,December2005.
-Sleep in critical care units
-Compliance with C-PAP in Saudi subjects with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Poster presentation,Saudi Thoracic Society meeting ,Riyadh,March 2008