NAME : FAHAD ABDULLAH AL ZAMIL
NATIONALITY : Saudi
CURRENT ADDRESS : Department of Pediatrics (39)
College of Medicine & KKUH
King Saud University
P.O. Box 2925, Riyadh 11461
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
JOB TITLE : Professor and Consultant Pediatric
Vice-Dean for University Hospitals Affairs
College of Medicine, King Saud University
1. M. B. B. S. : King Saud University, Riyadh, 1980
2. Diploma of Child Health: Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland, 1985
3. Jordanian Board Certificate in Pediatrics, Amman, Jordan, 1988.
4. Arab Board Certificate in Pediatrics, Arab Board Council for Medical Specializations 1990.
5. The Faculty of Medicine has approved my assignment as an Assistant Professor in Pediatric Department, College of Medicine & University Hospitals, King Saud University, Riyadh, K.S.A., May 1995.
6. Appointed as Consultant in Pediatric Department, KKUH, Riyadh, K.S.A., January 1991.
7. Fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Disease, KFSH&RC, Riyadh, KSA, August 1992.
8. Consultant in Pediatric Infectious Disease, KKUH, Riyadh, K.S.A., August 1992.
9. The Faculty of Medicine has approved my assignment as an Associate Professor in Pediatric Department, College of Medicine & University Hospitals, Riyadh, K.S.A., March 2001.
10. The Faculty of Medicine has approved my assignment as a Professor in Pediatric Department, College of Medicine & University Hospitals, Riyadh, K.S.A., March 2009.
A. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
1. Intern : One year rotating internship at King
Saud University Hospitals, Riyadh, 1980-1981.
2. House Officer: Department of Pediatrics, King Khalid University Hospital. Full exposure to outpatient and emergency room as well as inpatient service including Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, 1981-1985.
3. Resident : Residency Training Program for the Arab
Board in Pediatrics (R1 – R4), at King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH), rotating in all aspects of General Pediatrics including Outpatient / Inpatient service, Accident / Emergency, Pediatric And Neonatal Intensive Care as well as Pediatric subspecialties including Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology and Ambulatory Pediatrics, 1985 - 1989.
4. Registrar : Department of Pediatrics, KKUH, 1985 -
5. Senior Registrar: Department of Paediatrics, KKUH,
6. Locum Senior Registrar:
Department of Pediatrics, Security Forces Hospital in Riyadh for 2 months, 1989.
7. Senior Registrar in-charge of Outpatient
King Abdulaziz University Hospital (KAUH) Riyadh, 1989-1990.
8. Fellow Paediatric Infectious Disease:
Paediatric Department, KFSH, 1990-1992. 2 years rotation in Paediatric Infectious Disease Fellowship Programme at KFSH involved in Management of Immune Compromise, Bone Marrow Transplant and HIV patients.
9. Consultant Paediatric Infectious Disease,
B. ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCES:
1. Chief Resident:
Department of Paediatrics, King Khalid University Hospital, for a period of 18 months, 1985 – 1987.
2. Registrar in-charge of Paediatric Emergency and Outpatient Service:
KKUH, for a period of 4 months, 1984.
3. Senior Registrar in-charge of Paediatric Emergency and Outpatient Services:
KAUH, for a period of 8 months, 1989 – 1990.
4. Course Coordinator, Undergraduate Teaching Program Committee:
KKUH for a period of 2 years.
5. Chief of Medical Staff:
KKUH from 1998 (27.04.1419H) to 2003 (27.04.1424H).
6. Chairman of Pediatrics:
KKUH from 2004 (09.05.1425H) to 2005 (06.08.1426H).
7. Vice-Dean for University Hospitals Affairs:
KKUH & KAUH from 2005 (06.08.1426H) to present.
C. TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
1. Participation in theoretical and clinical teaching of final year medical students of different courses as well as organization of clinical examinations at the Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine, King Saud University.
2. Clinical teaching of Junior Residents and Nurses at the Department of Paediatrics, KKUH.
D. MEMBERSHIP AND ASSOCIATIONS:
¨ Member in the Infectious Disease Society in America, April
¨ Member in the International Society of Infectious Disease,
¨ Member in Saudi Paediatric Association, 1992.