1. This tumour is Radio-Resistant:
a. Basal cell carcinoma
b. Baso-squamous carcinoma
c. Lower lip carcinoma
e. Squamous cell carcinoma
2. Which patient will most likely need parenteral nutritional support after the surgery?
a. Appendectomy for perforated appendix.
b. Massive small bowel resection for mesentric ischemia.
c. Omental patch closure of perforated duodenal ulcer.
d. Right hemicolectomy for carcinoma caecum.
e. Sigmoid resection for diverticular disease.
3. The first step in managing patients with clinical diagnosis of Tension Pneumothorax is:
a. Chest tube insertion in 4th or 5th intercostal space in the midaxillary line.
b. Chest tube insertion in the 2nd intercostal space along in the midclavicular line.
c. Chest tube insertion in the 5th or 4th intercostal space in the midclavicular line.
d. Needle decompression in the 2nd intercostal space in the midclavicular line.
e. Needle decompression in the 5th or 4th intercostal space in the midaxilary line.
4. Thirty five year old female presented with one week history of jaundice. She was afebrile. Her liver function test showed an elevated direct bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase. AST and ALT were within normal. The most likely diagnosis is:
a. Common bile duct obstruction with cholangitis
b. Common bile duct obstruction
c. Hemolytic anemia
d. Viral hepatitis
5. Prolonged PT (INR) in obstructive jaundice is due to decrease absorption of:
b. Vitamin A
c. Vitamin D
d. Vitamin E
e. Vitamin K
6. Laparoscopic Gastric Banding is not likely going to work in which one of the followings:
a. Associated depression illness
b. Diabetic patients
c. Non-adjusted band
d. Super-obese patients ( BMI>50)
e. Sweet eaters