Course Level :
This course is directed to students in the 8th level (semester). It is considered a prerequisite to (Arch 498) dealing with the preparation of the facility program for the graduation project.
Topics Covered :
- Definition & Role of Programming
- Facility Programming Services
- Programming Steps
- Goals Formulation
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Field Observation
- Information Management
- Final Report
- Review of Examples
- المقرن، عبدالعزيز بن سعد (1428) برمجة المشاريع المعمارية والمرشد لمرحلة ما قبل التصميم. (ترجمة)، جامعة الملك سعود.
- Duerk, Donna. Architectural Programming- Information Management for Design. New York, N.Y. : Van Nostrand Reinhold (1993).
- Hershberger, Robert G. Architectural Programming & Predesign Manager. N. Y., Mc Graw-Hill (1999).
Arch 590: Research Methods
Credit : 3 (2.2)
Time : M 01.00 pm – 04.00 pm
Location : Building 32 – A 1008
Midterm Exam : 01.00 pm – 03.00 pm, Mon., 16/11/1428, in A 1008
Final Exam : To be scheduled
Course Description :
This course aims at offering logical & scientific approaches needed to conduct research, in addition to learning methods of data collection & research design. Also, it concentrates on how to analyze data & use statistical methods in managing, testing, & evaluating such data, in addition to testing of hypothesis & interrelated relationships.
This comes with computer applications dealing with widespread methods used in the planning, design, & evaluation of alternatives.