Name : AREEJ MOHAMMED A. ALHOMOUD
Nationality : Saudi.
· Academic Qualifications:
- 2007 Master of Fine Arts from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 2003 Bachelor of Fine Arts from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 2008-2009 Lecturer at Arts Education Dept, King Saud University
- 2007-2008 Plastic Arts Therapist at the Rehabilitation Hospital, King Fahad Medical City.
- 2005-2007 Voluntary Plastic Arts Therapist for two years at the Rehabilitation Hospital, King Fahad Medical City during the period of preparing the Master Degree Research.
- Member in the Saudi Plastic Arts Specialists .
· Training Courses:
- A course in development of plastic arts skills
- A course in clinical benefits of drawing and art works
- A course in developing cadres for rehabilitation of mentally retarded by plastic arts.
· Participations and Activities:
- 2000-2001-2002-2007 Participations in the arts exhibitions at King Saud University
- 2004 Participation in the arts exhibition at the College of Fine Arts, Damascus University
- 2005 Participation in the plastic arts exhibition within the Saudi cultural week which was held in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- 2006 Participation and organization of a symposium held at King Fahad Medical City titled : Principles of Wheelchair Prescription & Seating
- 2006 Participation in a symposium held at King Fahad Medical City titled : Challenges in the Rehabilitation of Spinal Cord Injury.
- 2007-2008 Participation and organization of a arts therapeutic exhibition and workshop held at King Fahad Medical City on the International Day for Handicap
- 2008 Participation and organization of a the cultural and recreational day for Epileptic patients
- Attended a mandatory fire lecture
- Attended a course in Basic Infection Control at King Fahad Medical City
- 2008 Attended a symposium and workshop titled Integrated therapy for patients with Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder (ADHD)
- 2008 Participation and organization of a workshop titled : Therapeutic Art Projects.
- Publication in Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper on 8/2/2008 edition No. 10664 under the title: "A Saudi expert treats CVA strokes with plastic art".
- Publication in Al-Madina newspaper on 2/42/2008 edition No. 16415 under the title: "I predicted that this experience will be spread and applied in hospitals around the Kingdom; Artist Areej Al-Homoud : Plastic Art is capable of treating CVA strokes".
- 2009 Participation in the International Day for Handicap
- 2009 Attended a lecture at Prince Salman Center for Handicap Research titled: "Recreational Therapy"
- 2009 Conducted a workshop at King Saud University titled: "Drawings of people with special needs (motor handicapped)"
- 2010 Conducted a course at King Saud University titled: "the Role of Plastic Art in Diagnosis and Treatment of Clinical and Psychiatric Diseases"
- 2010 Conducted a course at King Saud University titled: "Relaxation Strategies Through Role of Plastic Art Therapy"