بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Name: Ahmad M. Alshamrani
Date of Birth: 18 / 01 / 1969
Bachelor of Science in Operations Research,
from King Saud University, in 1992.
GPA: 4.30 out of 5.
Master of Science in Management Science,
from Case Western Reserve University, USA, in 1997.
GPA: 4 out of 4.
Ph.D. in Operations Research,
from Case Western Reserve University, USA, in 2002.
GPA: 4 out of 4.
Ph.D. Dissertation title: Combined Routing and Product Take Back Strategies in Reverse Logistics.
- Teaching computer programming courses at the Ministry of Education from 13/10/1992 to 1/3/1993.
- A Teaching Assistant at King Saud University and a graduate student at Case Western Reserve University, USA, from 1/3/1993 to 22 /1/2003.
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Statistics and Operations Research, King Saud University, from 22/1/2003 till 4/9/2012, Then Associate Professor till now.
- Supervising the Department of Statistics and Information at King Saud University from 27/2/2003 to 5/2/2005.
- A consultant at the Ministry of Higher Education from 28/3/2005 till 12/9/2015.
- A chairman of the Statistics and Operations Research Department, College of Science, King Saud University, from 3/11/2007 till 17/8/2015.
Applied Scientific Experience:
A research team member of following projects:
· "Building a System for Extracting and Integrating Information from Different Sources to Support Decision Making".
· "Faculty Evaluation at King Saud University", and building the project database.
· Electronic Information Exchange Between the Ministry of Civil Service and Related Authorities.
· Establishing the National Center for Higher Education Statistics.
· The Curriculum Development Committee for the Operations Research degree at the Statistics and Operations Research Department.
· The Evaluation and Academic Accreditation Committee for College of Science at King Saud University.
· The rapporteur of the Evaluation and Academic Accreditation Committee for the Statistics and Operations Research Department.
· Giving consultation in different topics in Applied Math and Statistics and related softwares.
· Teaching courses in Statistics, Operations Research, and Computer Programming for students at colleges of Science, Engineering, and Computer.
o Introduction to Statistics and Probability
o Probability and Engineering Statistics
o Linear Programming
o Integer Programming
o Network Analysis
o Introduction to Computer Programming
o Structured Programming
· Teaching Operations Research subjects at the Saudi Command and General Staff College.
· Teaching a course in Operations Research at King Faisal Air College.
· Teaching a course in Operations Research at Professional Technical Training Institute.
· “The arising of cooperation in Cournot duopoly games”, by S. S. Askar, Ahmad M. Alshamrani, and K. Alnowibet, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 273, pp. 535–542 (2016).
· “Dynamic Cournot duopoly games with nonlinear demand function”, by S. S. Askar, Ahmad M. Alshamrani, and K. Alnowibet, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 259, pp. 427–437 (2015).
· “Analysis of Nonlinear Duopoly Game: A Cooperative Case”, by S. S. Askar, Ahmad M. Alshamrani, and K. Alnowibet, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Volume 2015, Article ID 528217, 5 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/528217 (2015).
· “Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Chaotic Economic Model”, by S. S. Askar, A. A. Karawia, and Ahmad Alshamrani, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2015, Article ID 341729, 10 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/341729 (2015).
· “The dynamics of economic games based on product differentiation”, by S.S. Askar, Ahmad Alshamrani, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 268, 1 October 2014, Pages 135-144 (2014).
· “Optimal control of a stochastic production-inventory model with deteriorating items”, by Ahmad M. Alshamrani, Journal of King Saud University – Science, Vol. 25. pp. 7-13 (2013).
· “The generalized Gompertz distribution”, by A. El-Gohary, Ahmad Alshamrani, and Adel Naif Al-Otaibi, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 37, pp. 13-24 (2013).
· “Adaptive Control of a Two-Item Inventory Model with Unknown Demand Rate Coefficients”, by Ahmad M. Alshamrani, Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2012, Special Issue, 16 pages (2012).
· “Adaptive Control of a Reverse Logistic Inventory Model with Uncertain Deteriorations and Disposal Rates”, by Ahmad M. Alshamrani, Advances in Operations Research, Vol. 2012, Special Issue, 11 pages (2012).
· “Estimation of parameters including a quadratic failure rate semi-Markov reliability model”, by El-Gohary, A. and Ahmad Alshamrani, International Journal of Reliability and Applications, Vol. 12 (1), pp. 1-14 (2011).
· “Optimal Control of a Two-Item Inventory System with Different Types of Item Deterioration”, by Awad . El-Gohary and Ahmad Alshamrani, Economic Quality Control, Vol. 26, pp. 201-213 (2011).
· “Modal Control of a Reverse Logistic Inventory Model With Deterioration”, by A. El-Gohary and Ahmad Alshamrani. International Journal of Applied Mathematics.Vol. 22 No. 2, pp. 179 – 188 (2009).
· “Reverse logistics: simultaneous design of delivery routes and returns strategies”, by Ahmad Alshamrani, Kamlesh Mathur, Ronald H. Ballou. Computers & OR 34(2): 595-619 (2007).
· Performance Management (27-29/5/2008).
· Working Toward Program Accreditation (3-5/4/2009).
· Building a World Class Program (11-13/4/2009).
· Academic Leadership (21-23/4/2009).
· Parametric and Non-Parametric Statistical Tests Using SPSS (2-4/5/2009).
· Academic Departments Leaderships (9-10/11/2009).
· Using Photoshop in Teaching and Research (23-25/05/2009).
· Active Learning ( 5-7 / 01 / 2010).
· Being a Leading Academic Through Turbulent Times ( 27-28 / 02 / 2010).
· Academic Leadership Development Program, at University of Melbourne, Australia (19-24/07/2010).
· Presentations Using PowerPoint (25-26/10/2010).
· Open Source Softwares (28-29/11/2010).
· Using DIA Software in Drawing and Illustrations (07-08/12/2010).
· Preparing the Teaching Portfolio (26/03/2011).
· Students Learning Outcomes Assessment (02-03/04/2011).
· Modern Methods of Management Development (30/04-01/05/2011).
· Academic Leadership Development Workshop (16-17/05/2011).
· Academic Staff Development Programme, at Queen Margaret University, UK (04-15/07/2011).
· Use “R” Conference, at University of Warwick, UK (16-18/08/2011).
· Blended Learning: Applications in Blackboard (19-20/11/2011).
· Course Design and Construction (25/02/2012).
· College Effective Teaching (26-27/02/2012).
· Learning Outcomes Assessment (28-29/02/2012).
· Students Learning Support (11/03/2012).
· Micro-Teaching (18/03/2012).
· Discipline and Pedagogy Based Teaching (19/03/2012).
· Developing Teaching e-Portfolio (20/03/2012).
· Incorporating Technology into University Teaching (02-04/04/2012).
· Scientific Publishing in International Periodicals (14-15/11/2012).
· Understanding Student Approaches to Learning Beliefs and Practices (23/02/2014).
· High Quality Professional Teaching: Working Towards Excellence (25/02/2014).
· Outcome Based Learning: Design and Evaluation of an Approach (26/02/2014).
· Improving the Quality of Examination Essays: Design and Marking (27/02/2014).
· Production of Digital Content by Course Lab (2-3/03/2014).
· Professional Enrichment Program, Teaching and Learning Institute, Dalhousie University, Canada (23-27/06/2014).
· References Management Using EndNote (7-8/12/2014).
· Cloud Storage (11/02/2015).
· Introduction to Mobile Learning and Delivery Methods (15-17/02/2015).
· Operations and Supply-Chain Management (04/03/2015).
· Geographical Information System (GIS) (5-6/04/2015).
· Quality Management System in Learning Association (ISO 9001:2008) (20-22/04/2015).
· 2015 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Vancouver Canada (April 30- May 2/2015).
· Learning Technology Training Program, Center for Teaching Excellence, Waterloo University, Canada (27-31/07/2015).