TEXTBOOKS AND REFERENCES:
* Pinkham J: The dynamics of change. In Pinkham J: Pediatric Dentistry Infancy Through Adolescence. 3rd Edition, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 2000, pp. 171-174, 258-260, 434-436, 585-586.
* Pinkham J: Patient Management. In Pinkham J: Pediatric Dentistry Infancy Through Adolescence. 3rd Edition, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 2000.
* Christen AG: Piagetian psychology: Some principles as helpful in treating the child dental patient. J Dent Child 6; 40-44, 1977.
* Boeree CG: Personality Theories- Jean Piaget 1896-1980.
* Boeree,CG: Personality Theories- Albert Bandura 1925- present.
* Pinkham JR: The dentist and child-patient encounter: An Adlerian analysis. J Dent Child 4:266-72, 1982.
* Boeree,CG: Personality Theories- Alfred Adler 1870-1937.
* Boeree,CG: Personality Theories- Sigmund Freud 1856-1939.
* Boeree,CG: Personality Theories- Erik Erikson 1902-1994.
* Hetherington, E M and Parke,RD: Child Psychology A Contemporary Viewpoint. Third Edition, McGraw Hill Book Company, pp 259-276, 1986.
* Winer,GA: A review and analysis of children’s fearful behavior in dental settings. Child Develop 53:1111-1133, 1982.
* Pinkham, JR: Personality development managing behavior of the cooperative preschool child. Dent Clinic North Am 39(4):771-787, 1995.
* Locker,D; Liddell,A; Dempster,L and Shapiro,D: Age of onset of dental anxiety. J Dent Res 78(3):790-796, 1999.
* Barenie,JT and Ripa,LW: The use of behavior modification techniques to successfully manage the child dental patient. J Am Dent Assoc 94(2):329-334, 1977.
* Peretz,B and Bimstein,E: The use of imagery suggestions during administration of local anesthetic in pediatric dental patients. J Dent Child 4:263-267, 2000.
* Ingersoll,BD; Nash,DA; Blount,RL and Gamber,C: Distraction and contingent reinforcement with pediatric dental patients. J Dent Child 3:203-207, 1984.
* Greenbaum,PE; Lumley,MA; Turner,C and Melamed,BG: Dentist’s reassuring touch: effects on children’s behavior. Pediatr Dent 1(15):20-24, 1993.
Frankl,SN; Shiere,FR and Fogels,HR: Should the parent remain with the child in the dental operatory? J Dent Child 2:150-163, 1962.
* Wright,GZ; Alpern,GD and Leake,JL: The modifiability of maternal anxiety as it relates to children’s cooperative dental behavior. J Dent Child 4:13-19, 1973.
* Venham,L; Bengston,D and Cipes,M: Children’s response to sequential dental visits. J Dent Res 5:454-459, 1977.
* Martin,RB; Shaw,M and Taylor,PP: the influence of prior surgical experience on the child’s behavior at the initial dental visit. J Dent Child 6:35-39, 1977.
* Greenbaum,PE and Melamed,BG: Pretreatment modeling a technique for reducing children’s fear in the dental operatory. Dent Clinic North Am 32(4):693-704, 1988.
* Greenbaum,PE; Turner,C; Cook,EW and Melamed,BG: Dentists’ Voice Control: Effects on Children’s Disruptive and Affective Behavior. Health Psychology 9(5):546-558, 1990.
* Barton,DH; Hatcher,E; Potter,R and Henderson,HZ: Dental attitudes and memories: a study of the effects of hand over mouth/ restraint. Pediatr Dent 1(15):13-19, 1993.
* Allen,KD; Hodges,ED and Knudsen, SK: Comparing four methods to inform parents about child behavior management: how to inform for consent. Pediatr Dent 17(3):180-186, 1995.
* Veerkamp JSJ; AmerongenWE; van WE; Hoogsrtaten J et al: Dental treatment of feaful children using nitrous oxide. Part I, treatment times. J Dent Child 59:453-457, 1991.
* Veerhamp,JSJ; Gruythuysen,RJM; van Amerongen,WE and Hoogstranten,J: Dental treatment of fearful children using nitrous oxide. part 3: anxiety during sequential visits. J Dent Child 60(3): 175-182, 1993.
* Paterson,SA and Tahmassebi,JF: Paediatric dentistry in the new millennium: 3. Use of Inhalation sedation in paediatric dentistry. Dental Update 30:350-358, 2003.
* Houpt,MI; Limb,R and Livingston,RL: Clinical effects of nitrous oxide conscious sedation in children. Pediatr Dent 26(1):29-36, 2004.
* Mitchel,V; Grange,A; Black,A and Train,J: A comparison of midazolam with trimeprazine as an oral premedicant for children. Anesthesia 52:416-421, 1997.
* Musial,KM; Wilson,S; Preisch,J and Weaver,J: Comparison of the efficacy of oral midazolam alone versus midazolam and meperidine in the pediatric dental patient. Pediatr Dent 25(5): 2003.
* Wilson,S; Easton,J; Lamb,K and Orchardson,R: A retrospective study of chloral hydrate, meperidine, hydroxyzine, and midazolam regimens used to sedate children for dental care. Pediatr Dent 22(2):107-112, 2000.
* Primosch,RE and Bender,F: Factors associated with administration route when using midazolam for pediatric conscious sedation. J Dent Child 5:233-238,2001.
* Wilson, S: Review of monitors and monitoring during sedation with emphasis on clinical applications. Pediatr Dent 17(7):413-418, 1995.
* Camm,HC; Mourino,AP; Cobb EJ and Doyle,TE: Behavioral changes of children undergoing dental treatment using sedation versus general anesthesia. Pediatr Dent 9(2):111-117, 1987.
* Adair,SM; Waller,JL; Schafer,TE and Rockman,RA: A survey of members of the American academy of pediatric dentistry on their use of behavior management techniques. Pediatr Dent 26(2):159-166, 2004.
* Ersin NK, Oncag O, Cogulu D, Cicek S, Balcioglu ST, Cokmez B: Postoperative morbidities following dental care under day-stay general anesthesia in intellectually disabled children. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63(12):1731-1736, 2005.
* Baens-Ferrer C, Roseman MM, Dumas HB, Haley SM : Parental perceptions of oral health-related quality of life for children with special needs: impact of oral rehabilitation under general anesthesia. Pediatr Dent 27(2):137-142, 2005.
* Sheller,B; Williams,BJ; Hays,K and Mancl,L: Reasons for repeat dental treatment under general anesthesia for the healthy child. Pediatr Dent 25(6):546-552, 2003.
* College C, Feigal R, Wandera A, Strange M: Bilateral versus unilateral mandibular block anesthesia in a pediatric population. Pediatr Dent 22(6):453-457, 2000.
* Palm AM, Kirkegaaard U, Poulsen S: The wand versus traditional injection for mandibular nerve block in children and adolescents: perceived pain and time of onset. Pediatr Dent 26(6):481-484, 2004.
* Ram D, Hermida LB, Peretz B: A comparison of warmed and room-temperature anesthetic for local anesthesia in children. Pediatr Dent 24(4):333-336, 2002.
* Kreider KA, Stratmann RG, Milano M, Agostini FG, Munsell M: Reducing children’s injection pain: lidocaine patches versus topical benzocaine gel. Pediatr Dent 23(1):19-23, 2001.
* Primosch RE, Rolland-Asensi G: Comparison of topical EMLA 5% oral adhesive to benzocaine 20% on the pain experienced during palatal anesthetic infiltration in children. Pediatr Dent 23(1):11-14, 2001.
* Malamed SF, Gagnon S, Leblanc D: A comparison between articaine H Cl and lidocaine H Cl in pediatric dental patrients. Pediatr Dent 22(4):307-311, 2000.
* Lim S, Julliard K: Evaluating the efficacy of EMLA topical anesthetic in sealant placement with rubber dam. Pediatr Dent 26(6):497-500, 2004.
* Vermeersch G, Leloup G, Delmee M, Vreven J: Antibacterial activity of glass-ionomer cements, compomers and resin composites: relationship between acidity and material setting phase. J Oral Rehabil 32(5):368-74, 2005.
* Hicks J, Garcia-Godoy F, Donly K, Flaitz C: Fluoride releasing restorative materials and secondary caries. Dent Clin North Am 46: 247-276, 2002.
* Feigal RJ: The use of pit and fissure sealants. Pediatr Dent 24(5):415-422, 2002.
* Peutzfeldt A, Nielsen LA: Bond strength of a sealant to primary and permanent enamel: phosphoric acid versus self-etching adhesive. Pediatr Dent 26(3):240-4, 2004.
* Pinar A, Sepet E, Aren G, Bolukbasi N, Ulukapi H, Turan N: Clinical performance of sealants with and without a bonding agent. Quintessence Int 36(5):355-60, 2005.
* Staininec M, Artiga N, Gansky SA, Marshall GW, Eakle S: Bonded amalgam sealants and adhesive resin sealants: five-year clinical results. Quintessence Int 35(5): 351-57, 2004.
* Fuks AB: The use of amalgam in pediatric dentistry. Pediatr Dent 24(5):448-55, 2002.
* Kavvadia K, Kakaboura A, Vanderas AP, Papagiannoulis L: Clinical evaluation of a compomer and amalgam primary teeth class II restorations: a 2-year comparative study. Pediatr Dent 26(3): 245-50, 2004.
* Gross LC, Griffen AL, Casamassimo PS: Compomers as class II restorations in primary molars. Pediatr Dent 23(1):24-27, 2001.
* Sardella TN de Castro FL, Sanave ME, Hebling J: Shortening of primary dentin etching time and its implication on bond strength. J Dent 33(5):335-62, 2005.
* Kavvadia K, Kakaboura A, Vanderas AP, Papagiannoulis L: Clinical evaluation of a compomer and an amalgam primary teeth class II restorations: a 2-year comparative study. Pediatr Dent 26(3): 245-50, 2004.
* Yap AU, Yap SH, Teo CK, NgJJ: Comparison of surface finish of new esthetic restorative materials. Oper Dent 29(1):100-4, 2004.
* Guelmann M, McIlwain MF, Primosch RE: Radiographic assessment of primary molar pulpotomies restored with resin-based materials. Pediatr Dent 27(1):24-27, 2005.
* Vij R, Coll A, Shelton P, Farooq NS: Caries control and other variables associated with success of primary molar vital pulp therapy. Pediatr Dent 26(3):214-20, 2004.
* Karabucak B, Li D, Lim J, Iqbal M: Vital pulp therapy with mineral trioxide aggregate. Dent Traumatol 21(4):240-243, 2005.
* Andreasen JO, Andreasen FM, Mejare I, Cvek M: Healing of 400 intra-alveolar root fractures. 1. Effect of pre-injury and injury factors such as sex, age, stage of root development, tfacture type, location of fracture and severity of dislocation. Dent Traumatol 20(4):192-202, 2004.
* Holan G: Development of clinical and radiographic signs associated with dark discolored primary incisors following traumatic injuries: a prospective controlled study. Dent Traumatol 20(5):276-287, 2004.
* Pomarico L, de Souza IP, Primo LG: Multidisciplinary therapy for treating sequelae of trauma in primary teeth: 11 years of follow-up and maintenance. Quintessence Int 36(1):71-75, 2005.
* Dominguez Re yes A, Munoz Munoz L, Aznar Martin T: Study of calcium hydroxide apexification in 26 young permanent incisors. Dent Traumatol 21(3):141-145, 2005.
* Chappuis V, von Arx T: Replantation of 45 avulsed permanent teeth: a 1-year follow-up study. Dent Traumatol 21(5):289-96, 2005.
* Schjott M, Andreasen JO: Emdogain dies not prevent progressive root resorption after replantation of avulsed teeth: a clinical study. Dental Traumatol 21(1):46-50, 2005.
* Barrett EJ, Kenny DJ, Tenenbaum HC, Sigal MJ, Johnston DH: Replantaion of permanent incisors in children using Emdogain. Dent Traumatol 21(5):269-275, 2005.
* Gondim JO, Moreira Neto JJ: Evaluation of intruded primary incisors. Dent Traumatol 21(3):131-133, 2005.
* Nowak AJ, Casamassimo PS: The dental home: A primary care oral health concept. J Am Dent Assoc 133:93-8, 2002.
* Broadbent JM, Thomson WM, Williams SM: Does caries in primary teeth predict enamel defects in permanent teeth? A longitudinal study. J Dent Res 84(3):260-264, 2005.
* Jiang H, Bian Z, Tai BJ, Du MQ, Peng B: The effect of a bi-annual professional application of APF foam on dental caries increment in primary teeth: 24-month clinical trial. J Dent Res 84(3):265-268, 2005.
* Truin GJ, van’t Hof MA: Caries prevention by professional fluoride gel application on enamel and dentinal lesions in low-caries children. Caries Res 39(3):236-240, 2005.
* Toumba KJ, Curzon ME: A clinical trial of a slow-releasing fluoride device in children. Caries Res 39(3):195-200, 2005.
* Vieira AP, Lawrence HP, Limeback H, Sampaio FC, Grynpas M: A visual analog scale for measuring dental fluorosis severity. J Am Dent Assoc 36(7):895-901, 2005.
* Holan G, Peretz B, Efrat J, Shapira Y: Traumatic injuries to the teeth in young individuals with cerebral palsy. Dent Traumatol 21(2):65-69, 2005.
* Frashon X, Pommereuil M, Berthier AM, Lejeune S, Hourdin-Eude S, Quero J, Meziere X, De Mello G, Garnier J: Management options for dental extraction in hemophiliacs: a study of 55 extractions (2000-2002). Oral Srug Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99(3):270-275, 2005.
* Pilebro C, Backman B: Teaching oral hygiene to children with autism. Int J Paediatr Dent 15(1):1-9, 2005.
* Steinbacher DM, Glick M: The dental patient with asthma: An update and oral health considerations. J Am Dent Assoc 132:1229-39, 2001.
* Restrepo CC, Alvarez E, Jaramillo C, Velez C, Valencia I: Effects of psychological techniques on bruxism in children with primary teeth. J Oral Rehabil 28:354-360, 2001.
* McNally MR, Spary DJ, Rock WP: A randomized controlled trial comparing the quadhelix and the expansion arch for the correction of crossbite. J Orthod 32(1):29-35, 2005.
* Kirzioglu Z, Erturk MS: Success of reinforced fiber material space maintainers. J Dent Child (Chic) 71(2):158-62, 2004.