Personal Data (CV)
Name : Mohammed Yahya Ahmed Al-Kasem
Nationality : Saudi
Sex : Male
Academic Rank : Professor
Specialization Field : Mycology & Plant Pathology
B.Sc. (Botany and Chemistry, King Saud University, K.S.A. 1971).
Ph.D. (Plant Pathology) University of Glasgow. Scotland. U.K. 1976.
1. Professor, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University (1992)
2. Associate Professor, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University. (1982 – 1992).
3. Assistant Professor, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University. (1978 – 1982).
4. Lecturer, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University, (1976 – 1978).
5. Post-graduate student for Ph.D. at University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. (1972 – 1976).
6. Demonstrator, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University. (1971 – 1972).
2 - Administration Positions
Head, Department of Botany, College of Science, King Saud University. (1986 – 1988).
3 – Honours & Awards
Research grant No. SANCT: AR-5-86 from King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology.( Co-Investigator)
Title: "Potential Cultivation of Edible Fungi e.g. Agaricus bisporus and Podaxis sp. in Saudi Arabia.
(Participation in Conferences , Symposia and other Activities)
A - Conferences
1. 3rd International Congress of Plant Pathology, held in Munchen, Federal Republic of Germany, 16-23 Aug. 1978.
2. British Crop Protection Conference-Pests and Disease held in Brighton, U.K., 16-19 November, 1981.
3. International Conference on Plant Protection in the Tropics, held in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, 1-4 March, 1982.
B – Symposia
1. First Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Riyadh, 15-17 January, 1977.
2. Second Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Jeddah, 4-8 January, 1978
3. 3rd Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Haffuf, 24-27. January. 1979.
4. Symposium on Plant disease control, held in Lethbridge, Canada, 1979.
5. 4th Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Riyadh, 10-13 March, 1980.
6. 5th Symposium on "Biological Control of Crop. Production" held in Beltisville, Maryland, U.S.A. 18-21. May. 1980.
7. 5th Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Abha, 13-16 April, 1981.
8. 7th Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Qassim, Saudi Arabia, 20-22. March, 1984.
9. 8th Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held in Al-Hassa, 12-14, March, 1983.
10. 9th Symposium of Biological aspects of Saudi Arabia held at the Regional Agriculture and Water
Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 24-27. March, 1986.
11. Nat. Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering held in Riyadh, 5-8. December, 1987.
A – BOARDS
1. Member of the College of Science Board 1979-1980
2. Member of the College of Science Board 1986-1988.
3. Member of high study Deanship board 1998-2001
4. Member of Editorial Board of King Saud University Journal
( Science ) 1993- 1994 .
B – Committees & Others
1. Member of Library Committee, (1978 – 1984).
2. Member of the Academic Supervision Committee in the College 1984.
3. Member of Demonstrator and high grade students in the college 1997-2005 Postgraduate students .
4. Member of post graduate student Proposals committee in the college (1998-2001 .)
5. Member of Evaluation committee for the students migrated from other Universities .
6. Convener for Microbiology group , Dept . of botany ( 1985 ) .
7. Member o f Microbiology and plant pathology group of Botany .
8. Reviewer of many research project proposals in locale journals on plant pathology .
9. Reviewer of some research project proposals submitted to King Abdulaziz city for Science and Technology
10. Reviewer of some progressive and final reports of the applied researches submitted to (SANCST) .
11. Supervisor , Department of Botany fungal Cultares , College of science .
12. Supervisor , Dept , of Botany Env .Room .
13. Academic Adviser of many students in Botany , Dept . King Saud University .
C- PROFESIONAL SOCIETIES .
1. Member of the Trans British Mycological Society (1974).
2. Member of the Federation of British Plant Pathology, (1975).
3. Member of the European Association for Potato Research, Wagenin, the Netherlands (1974).
4. Member of the Saudi Biological Society (1977).
5. Member of the Arab Plant Protection Society (1979).
6. Member of the Indian Phytopathology (1983).
Taught the following courses at King Saud University.
101 Bot. General Botany (College of Science, College of Agriculture).
102. Bot. General Botany (College of Education)
280. Bot. General Microbiology
481. Bot. Scientific Basic of Plant Pathology.
487*. Bot. Parasite relationship
491*. Bot. Introduction to Research Topic
499*. Bot. Research
498. Bot. Research
497. Bio. Periodicals (College of Educatiion)
101. Mic. General Microbiology
461. Mic. Phytopathogenic Microorganissm
462. Mic. Physiology of Parasitism
499. Mic. Research .
* Courses in the old Curriculum .