Publications (Dr Aamer Aleem)
1. Aleem A, Ajarim DS. Munchausen's Syndrome presenting as immunodeficiency: A case report and review of literature. Ann Saudi Med. 1995;15:404-406.
2. Harakati MS, Al-Momen AK, Ajarim DS, Al-Mohareb F, Al-Diab AR, Aleem A, Fawzi E. Gawaiz LA. Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) in newly diagnosed adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia treated with conventional chemotherapy. Hematology. 1996; 1: 207-214.
3. Aleem A, Harakati MS, Al-Momen AK. Mikulicz Syndrome. J Pak Med Assoc. 1997; 47(4): 126-129
4. Aleem A, Al-Momen AK, Harakati MS, et al. Hypocalcaemia and hypoparathyroidism in thalassaemia major patients. Ann Saudi Med. 2000; 20(5-6): 364-366.
5. Aleem A, Murray J. Spherocytosis preceding the development of myelodysplasia. Clin Lab Haemat. 2001; 23(4): 249-251.
6. Young Min S, Aleem A, Al-Obaidi MJ, Justice E, Fegan CD. Single use disposable equipment is not being used everywhere. BMJ. 2001; 322: 1307.
7. Aleem A, Lovell R, Holder C, Chakarbarti S, James J, Milligan DW. Performing bone marrow harvest as an outpatient: A single centre UK experience. Acta Haematol. 2004; 112: 200-202
8. Aleem A, Siddiqui N. Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia presenting with Extramedullary disease as massive Ascites responding to Imatinib Mesylate. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2005; 46(7): 1097-1099.
9. Aleem A, AlAmoudi S, Al-Mashhadani S, Siddiqui N. Haemophagocytic syndrome associated with hepatitis-B virus infection responding to etoposide. Clin Lab Haematol. 2005; 27: 395-398.
10. Aleem A, Al-Sugair S, Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura associated with systemic lupus erythematosus. Acta Haematologica. 2006; 115(1-2): 68–73.
11. Aleem A, Jehangir A, Owais M, et al. Echocardiographic abnormalities in adolescent and adult Saudi patients with sickle cell disease. Saudi Med J. 2007; 28 (7): 1072-1075
12. El Sharkawi S, Siddiqui N, Aleem A, Al Diab AR. Renal involvement in lymphoma: Prevalence and various patterns of involvement on abdominal CT. Int Urol Nephrol. 2007 ; 39(3): 929-933.
13. Aleem A. Renal abnormalities in patients with sickle cell disease: A single centre report from Saudi Arabia. Saudi J Kidney Dis & Transplant, 2008; 19 (2): 194-199.
14. Aleem A, Alameri H, Owais M, et al. Prevalence and risk factors for pulmonary hypertension in Saudi patients with sickle cell disease. Journal of the Saudi Heart association. 2008; 20(1): 6-11.
15. Alameri H, Aleem A, Kardas W, et al. Dyspnea, pulmonary function and exercise capacity in adult Saudi patients with sickle cell disease. Saudi Med J. 2008; 29 (5): 179-185.
16. Neelam Siddiqui, Saeed Al-Amoudi, Aamer Aleem, Maha Arafah, Layla Al-Gwaiz. Massive ascites as a presenting manifestation of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. World J Gastroent. 2008; 14(22): 3594-3597.
17. Aleem A. Rituximab Therapy in a Patient with Evans Syndrome Associated with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. (accepted for publication, Ann Saudi Med, 2008).
18. Siddiqui N, Aleem A. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia preceding the diagnosis of Hodgkin’s disease: A report of two cases and review of the literature (in press).
19. Aleem A, Saidu A, Abdulkarim H, et al. Rituximab as a single agent in the management of adult patients with haemophilia A and inhibitors: marked reduction in inhibitor level and clinical improvement in bleeding but failure to eradicate the inhibitor (in press)
20. Qayum A, Aleem A, Al-Diab AR, et al. Rapid improvement in renal function in patients with multiple myeloma and renal failure treated with bortezomib (in press).