Name : Jamila Mohamed Hafez EL Medany.
Date and Place of Birth : 18/8/1951 Alexandria.
Academic Qualifications :
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Alexandria (November, 1975) with grade Very Good with Honor.
Master of Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy), University of Alexandria (1980) with the grade Excellent.
E.MAILE: Jamila_ELMedany@ hot mail.com
PHD of Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy & EMBRYOLOGY), University of Alexandria (1985).
Date of first appointment : 1/3/1976.
Present Position : Associate Professor of Anatomy. Anatomy department, Faculty of Medicine, King SAUD University.
Job Escalations :
Internship : Alexandria University and Ministry of health hospitals (1/3/1976 – 28/2/1977).
Demonstrator of Anatomy, Alexandria University (21/6/1978 -21/4/1981).
Assistant lecturer of Anatomy, Alexandria University (22/4/1981 -24/6/1985).
Lecturer of Anatomy, Alexandria university (25/6/1985 -30/7/1990).
Lecturer of Anatomy, DUBAI Islamic Medical college (1/10 1988 -30/9/1989).
Assistant Professor of Anatomy, Alexandria University (31/7/1990 -15/8/1995).
Professor of Anatomy, Alexandria University (29/8/1995 –up till now).
MASTER DEGREE OF ANATOMY( 1980) :
Age changes in the anterior horn nerve cells of spinal cord of Albino rat.
PHD OF ANATOMY (1985) :
Post –natal Anatomical and Histological changes of the optic nerve and visual cortex in Guinea pigs and the effect of Cyclophosphamide on these tissues.
LIST OF THE PUPLISHED :
(A) IN EGYPT :
(1) Stuctural aspects of aging in the supra –optic nucleus of female guinea pigs : light and electron microscopic study. (journal of medical research institute .Alex.) 12 (1) 1991.
(2) Surgical and Radiological anatomy of human spleen. (Politan of med.college of Alex.) 27 (5) 1991.
(3) Transnasal – Transsphenoidal approach to the sella turcica. Anatomical and Radiological study.( j. of med. College of Tanta ) 20 (3) june 1993.
(4) Morphometric correlation between cribriform plate and floor of the nose. (Med. Res. Institute) 13 (4) 1992.
(5) Pterygoid hamulus : possible role in the pathogenesis of middle ear effusion in children.( Med .Res. Institute) 13(4) 1992.
(6) Comparative study of hepatic ,renal and haematological toxicity of Psychottopic drugs: Lormetazepan and Midazolam with Clonazepam in rabbits. An experimental Phamacological ,Histological and Electron microscopic study.( j. of the Egpt. Commity of pharmacology) 1( july ) 1992.
(7) The first dorsal inter- metacarpal island neurovascular flap in reconstruction of hand defects. Anatomical and Clinical study.(Egypt. J .of Plastic Surgery and Reconst.) 16 (2. September) 1992.
(8) A study on the surgical anatomy of the Saphenous and Sural nerves – relevance to saphenous veins stripping.( Politan of med. College of Alex.) 28 (6. December) 1992.
(9) Evaluation of the effect of Methomyl insecticide on the testicular function in normal albino rat (Hormonal,Histological and Histochemical study) . (J .of Med. Res. Inst. ) 14(3) 1993.
(10)Dimentional study of the normal internal auditory canal , a cadaveric and radiological investigation.( J. of Egypt. College of Med. Alex.) 29 (6 . December) 1993.(#
(11) The anatomy of the superior tibiofibular joint.( J. of Med. Res . Institute ) 15 (3) 1994.
Post natal histological and histochemical changes in the cingulated gytus and piriform cortex in guinea pigs.( presented to the Scienific Conference of the Egypt . Comity of Histology and Cell Biology) 26 –12-1991.
(12) Histological effect of Sympathetic and Parasympathetic chemical stimulation of rat submandibular gland.( Scientific Conf. of the Egypt. Comity of Histology and Cell Biology) 31-12- 1992.
(13) Endoneural cellular changes in the sciatic nerve of albino rats during wallerian degeneration and regeneration (light and electron microscopic study). Scientific Conference of the Egyptian Comity of Anatomy (27- 2- 1992).
(14) Light and electron microscopic study of the blood supply of the sciatic nerve in albino rat. Scientific Conference of the Egyptian Comity of Anatomy (7-4- 1994).
(B) IN SAUDIA :
(1) Attenuation of bleomycin – induced lung fibrosis in rats by mesna. (European J. of pharmacology) 509 (2005) 61-70.
(2) Ginkgo Biloba attenuates mucosal damage in a rat modelof ulcerative colitis.( pharmacology research 53 :324-330 ; 2006.
(3) Do Advanced Glycation End Products Inhibitors Provide Protection Against Experimentally Induced liver Fibrosis ? (accepted in the 7thInternational Saudi Pharmaceutics Conference 2007).
TEACHING EXPERIENCE :
(1)Undergraduate STUDENTS (Anatomy & Embryology) for the following students :
(2) Postgraduate STUDENTS :
General medicine and Chest disease.
OMFS residency program (SAUDIA).
COURSE COORDINATOR :
COURSES (121) and (124).
Fine Specialty : Neuroanatomy
1. SUPERVISION OF THESI:
1. Light and electron microscopic study of the structure of the endosalpinx of the uterine tube of adult albino rat and the effect of Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid)on this structure (1994).
2. Anatomical study of the dorsal digital veins of the human hand (1991).
IN KING SAUD UNIVERSITY :
3. Diaphyseal nutrient foramina in human upper and lower limb long bones) 2008.
(1). Histological and ultra structural age changes of the submandibular gland in the guinea pigs and the effects of autonomic stimulation on the adult gland. (1994)
(2). Correlative study between structure and some bony measurements of the limbs among the Egyptian children (6-12) years (1995).
(3) Effect of oral hypoglycaemic drugs, Glibenclamide and Metformin on the early development of chick embryo. (1994).
(4) An anatomical study of the blood and nerve supply of the flexor muscles of the forearm. (1999).
2. PROJECTS (SAUDIA):
(a) Evaluation of the possible protective effects of Imipramine and Fluvoxamine on ulcerative colitis induced experimentally in rats.
(b) Do advanced Glycation End Products Inhibitors Provide Protection Against Experimentally Induced Liver Fibrosis ?
3. Member of :
Egyptian Society of Anatomy.
Egyptian Society of Medicine and Law.
New Egyptian journal of medicine.
Alexandria Medical Research Institute Journal.
Bulletin Alexandria Faculty of Medicine.
4. Attendance and participation (EGYPT) :
The annual Scientific Congress(Alexandria Faculty of Medicine).
The annual Congress of the Egyptian Society of Anatomy.
5. Attendance and participation (SAUDIA) :
A. CONFERENCES :
7th SAUDI gastroenterology association conference (2002).
9th international pharmaceutical sciences conference and exposition (2005).
7th international SAUDI pharmaceutics conference (2007).
1st pharmaceutics conference of the military forces ( Changing The Practice of Pharmacy) (2008).
B. LECTURES :
a. Formation and Uses of Embryonic Stem cells (1428).
b. New medication about the production of embryonic stem cells (recent therapy in the 21 century (1428).
c. Work shop : Researches of NATO in the universities(1428).
d. Communication between basic scientific research and clinical application (1428).