Name : Professor Dr. Salem El Azab Abdallah El- Maghraby
Nationality : Egyptian
Date of Birth : Aug 3/1954
Marital Status : Married – Three Children
Present Jop inEgypt: Professor, Soil Conservation Department, Desert Research Center, Mataria - Cairo, Egypt.
Present Jop in KSA : Lecture of Soil chemistry Soil Science Department, College of Food and Agriculture Sciences, King Saud University,P.O. Box 2460, Riyadh 11451- Saudi Arabia
Office Address : Soil Science Department, College of Food and Agriculture Sciences, King Saud University,P.O. Box 2460, Riyadh 11451- Saudi Arabia
Office Phone : (966) -1- 4676939
Fax : (966) – 1- 4678440
Home Phone : (966) -1- 4147162
E-mail : email@example.com
Qualifications: - Ph.D. Agric. Soil Chemistry and Fertility, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1992, Title of thesis (Studies on controlling salt accumulation under drip irrigation system).
- M.Sc. Agric. Soil Chemistry and Fertility, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 1988, Title of thesis (Effect of sulphur as a soil amendment on ionic balance in Calcareous soil under saline water regime.)
- B.Sc. Agric. Soil Science, Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt, 1977.
Employment Record :
-From 18/2/1984 to 28/12/1988: Assistant Researcher, Soil Conservation Department, DRC.
-From 28/12/1988 to 12/9/1992 : Lecture, Soil Conservation Department, DRC.
-From 12/9/1992 to 21/8/1997: Assistant professor, Soil Conservation Department, DRC.
-From 21/8/1997 to 21/102001 : Associated Professor Soil Conservation Department, DRC.
From 21/10/2001 to Now : Professor of Soil Chemistry, Soil Conservation Department, DRC.
- Member of the Egyptian Society of Soil Science.
- Over thirty years of research activities in the fields of soil reclamation, soil development, soil conservation as well as soil erosion and its control under different land use and rainfed agriculture.
- Participation in actives and implementation of research projects including:
1) Use of sulfur for alkali soil reclamation and agriculture development in Egypt.
2) Management of different calcareous soil types.
3) Evaluation of Austrian soil conditioners (Sano Plant) under Egyptian conditions.
4) Monitoring soil moisture for deep profiles in rain-fed agriculture, North Western Coastal, Egypt.
5) Improving rangelands and water harvesting in North Western Coastal of Egypt.
-Associate member in the studies of soil conservation projects including:
1) Determination of wind erosion, deposition and the economic measures to combat desertification factors in the Oases areas.
2) Verifying and using Revised Wind Erosion Equation (RWEQ) to develop effective wind erosion control systems for the North Western Coastal Zone of Egypt.
- Membership in Training Activities including:
1) Member of “Management and improving the productivity of soils”, organized by Desert Research Center from 14 – 19 December 2000. . The title of the lecture is “Wind soil erosion: Causes and solutions”.
2) Participate in the Workshop on “Monitoring and Evaluation Systems for National Action Programmes to Combat Desertification”, organized in Cairo, Egypt, Desert Research Center, 20 – 23 September 2003 sponsored by Sahara, Sahel Observatory (OSS) and GTZ.
3) Member of “Agricultural Development in Desert Area and New Cultivated Area in Egypt”, organized by Desert Research Center from 18 - 23 December 2004. The title of the lecture is “Hazards of Wind and Water Erosion on New Agricultural Areas”.
- Participation in the installation of Wind Tunnel Laboratory, DRC, and devices used in field of the erosion studies.