STAT 328 (Statistical Packages)
3 credit hours
Instructor: Prof. Khalaf S. Sultan
Office: 2B20 Building #4, Phone (office): 4676263
Room: 2B49 Building #4
How to use data analysis in Excel 2007:
To use the Analysis ToolPak in Excel, however, you need to load it first.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.
- Tip If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
- If you get prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Analysis ToolPak, the Data Analysis command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
Note To include Visual Basic for Application (VBA) functions for the Analysis ToolPak, you load the Analysis ToolPak - VBA add-in the same way that you load the Analysis ToolPak. In the Add-ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPak - VBA check box, and then click OK.
1. Minitab Guide, Second Edition Desmond J. Higham and Nicholas J. Higham A-Jin Publishing Company, 2006.
2. SPSS 13.0 Guide to Data Analysis by Marija Norusis.
3. Ready, Set, Run! A Student Guide to SAS Software for Microsoft Windows by Larose T. Daniel and Jin Chun. Mayfield Publishing Company.
1- SPSS Survival Manual: A Step by Step Guide to Data Analysis Using SPSS for Windows (Version 15)
by: Julie Pallant, 2009.
2- Hector Guerrero. Excel Data Analysis: Modeling and Simulation, 2009, Springer.
3- Alain F. Zuur l Elena N. Ieno lErik H.W.G. Meesters. A Beginner’s Guide to R, 2009, Springer.
Course Scope Contents:
Using program code in a statistical software package (Excel – Minitab – SAS – SPSS - R - Maple - Matlab) to write a program for data and statistical analysis. Topics include creating and managing data files, graphical presentation - and Monte Carlo simulations.
Assignments and Tests:
Assignments and Labs
Will be given during classes and labs
|To be arranged
To be arranged
Faculty Exams Table
Student missing more than 25% of the total class hours won't be allowed to write the final exam.
Lectures, Notes and Data:
2- R Notes