Name: Abdullah Rasheed Doaigey
Academic Rank: Professor ( in Botany and
College of Science,
King Saud University).
1- . Ph D. (1977 A.D)
School of Pharmacy
University of Bradford
2- B.Sc. (1971 A.D)
College of Science
King Saud University
- Professor in Botany, (1993)
- Associate Professor in Botany(1979-1982)
- Lecturer in Botany, (1977-1979)
- Demonstrator in Boyany(1971- 1973)
- Vice Dean of College of Science for Administrative affairs (1988- 1992).
- Head of Biology Department, College of Education (1982-1984)
King Saud University Scholarship.
1. Brooker , S.E., Doaigey, A.R.,Harkiss, K.J. 1976. Comparative
Anatomy of the Arial parts of Antirrhinum molle and A. mollissimum
Planta Medica, Bot., Bd. 30. Heft. 4, 319-327.
2. Shalaby, A.F. Youssef, M.M. and Doaigey A.R. 1979.Phytochemical
Studies on elements of the Flora of Saudi Arabia.1. Chemical, and
Morphological studies of seeds of Cucumis prophetarum growing
Naturally in the deserts of Riyadh area. J. Fac, Sci. Riyadh Univ. Vol. 10,
39 - 45.
3. Doaigey, A.R., Gawad, H.A. and Younis, I. 1981. Comparative anatomy
of the leaf and stem of Heliotropium bacciferum Forssk. and H.digynum
(Forssk) Asch. ex. C. Christens (Boraginaceae) growing in Saudi Arabia,
Proc. Saudi Biol. Soc., 5, 119-130.
4. Doaigey, A.R., Mady, M.I. and Gawad, H.A.1982. Comparative anatomical
studies for three species of the genus Convolvulus. J. Coll.Sci., King Saud
Univ. 13, (1), 81-96.
5. Doaigey, Abdullah R. and Harkiss, K. J. 1982. Comparative anatomy
of the leaf and stem of Antirrhinum meonanthum Hoffmanns. & Link
and A. braun-blanquetii Rothm. J.Col. Sci., King Saud Univ.,13, (2), 249-257.
6 Doaigey, A. R. and Harkiss, K. J. 1982. Development of the Glandular
leaf hairs of Antirrhinum meonanthum Hoffman (Scrophulariaceae).
Pak. J. Not., 14: (1) 103-106.
7. Doaigey, Abdullah R. and Gawad, H.A. 1984. Comparative anatomy and
histology of leaf and stem in S.aegyptiaca, S.deserti and S.spinosa Arab Gulf.
J.Gulf J.Scient. Res.2(1), 5 20.
8 Doaigey, Abdullah R. Gawad, H.A. and Meligy A.M. 1985. Morphology and
types of trichomes in some species of Lamiaceae. Proc. Saudi Biol. Soc. (Al-
Hassa Sym). 189-204.
9. Doaigey, Abdullah R. and Al-Ahmad, Y.M. 19865. Histologica studies of the
leaf and stem of two Cleome species growing naturally in Saudi Arabia.
J.Coll. Sci. Sci, King Saud Univ. 16(1), 13-21.
10. Doaigey, Abdullah R. Gawad H. A. and Meligy, A.M. 1988 Histological
characters of some marsh plants with special referenc to intercellular air
spaces and vascular tissues. J. Univ. Kuwait (Sci.) 15, 299-312.
11. Doaigey, Abdullah R. Gawad, H.A.; Meligy A.M and Abd-El-Fattah,
M.G. 1989. Adaptive anatomical and histological characters of the leaf
and stem of three desert species of Capparis. Arab Gulf J. Scient.
Res. Agric. Biol. Sci. B7 (1), 53-67.
12. Doaigey, Abdullah R. 1991. Trichome types in the genus Otostegia
(Lamiaceae) 1:O.fruticosa var. fruticosa and O.fruticosa var. schimperi.
J. King Saud Univ., Vol. 3 , Science (1), 23-30.
13. Doaigey, Abdullah R. 1991. The occurrence, type and location of calcium
oxalate crystals in the leaves and stems of 16 species of poisonous plants.
American Journal of Botany. 78 (12) 1608-1616.
14. Doaigey, Abdullah R.1991. Type and occurrence of trichomes on two
Species of Lavandula L. (Lamiaceae) 1: L.pubescens Decne.
and L.dentata L. Derasat (Science).Vol. 18. No. 4, 77 - 94.
15. Al-Whaibi, M.H. and Doaigey, A.R. 1991. Response of date palm
seedling to GA3 and 2,4-D spray application. 1. Effect on sugar and
ion partitioning. Phyton, 52 (1): 43-50, Vll.
16. Doaigey, A.R. and Harkiss, K.J. 1991 Application of epidermal characters
to the taxonomy of European species of Antirrhinum L. (Scrophulariaceae).
Nord J. Bot. 11(5) 513-524.
17. Doaigey, A. R. 1992 . Types and occurrence of trichomes in two species
of the genus Lavandula (Lamiaceae).11: L.stricta Del. and L. coronopifolia
Lam. Pak. J.Bot. 24(2):131 - 141.
18. Doaigey, A.R and Al-Whaibi, M.H. 1995. Effect of GA3 and 2,4-D spray
application on the morphology and anatomy of date palm root system .
Bak. J. Bot. 27 (2) 385-397.
19. Al-Farhan, A.H. and Doaigey, Abdullah R. Studies on the flora of Saudi Arabia:
1. On the pollen morphology of lamiaceae with special reference to taxonomy
20. Abdullah R. Doaigey and M.H. Al-Whaibi. Effect of GA3 and 2,4-D Spray
Application on the anatomy of the Date Palm Seedling Shoot System (sent
for puplication ).
21. Abdullah R. Doaigey and Ihsan El-Habashy. Epidermal charactersof
leaves and stems of some species of Brassicaceae growing naturally in
Saudi Arabia ( under preparation ).
1- Practical Plant Anatomy (in Arabic)
2- Plant Micotechnique (in Arabic) (1st Authar)
3- Plant Morphology and Anatomy (in Arabic) (1st Author ).
4- Explanation of Botanical Terms (in Arabic) (1stAuthor ).
5- Guide of the Internal Structure of Wiled Flowring Plants in the
Kingdom Saudi Arabia (in Arabic) (1st Author ).
6- Plants from Al-Qaseem (in Arabic) (1st Author ).
Growing Naturally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.(By: Fahad Al Masaud,
2000) (in Arabic).
naturally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (By: Nauf AlKhail, 2002) (in Arabic).
Grow in Hydroponics (By:Saad Aljrain ).
2- Ph.D. Degree:
(Lamdaiceae) Growing naturally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (By: Ahlam
vesicarius. ( By: Abdulaziz Alshonafi, 2007 ).(in Arabic).
1- Sixth Symposium - 23rd Meeting of saudi biological society (attendance and/
2- Xlll International Botanical Congress, 21-28 August 1981,Sydny,Austrailia.
3- Fifth Arab Conference of Biological Sciences.6-9 November 1989. Bagdad, Iraq.
- Chairman of departmental currculum planning committee 1985- 1988
- Member of Departemental Equalizing courses committee 1985-1988
- Member of Biologecal Garden Committee 1985- 1988
- Member of Biologecal Staff Members Affairs Committee 1985
- Mmber of Departmental curriculum planning committee1989- 1993
- Chairman of Training committee, College of Science 1988- 1992
- Chairman of Animal house committee,College of Science 1988- 1992
- Cairman of Final feport committee, College of Science 1988- 1992
- Chairman of Following the Five Years Plan Committee, College of Science, 1988
- Chairnan of Safty Committee , College of Science, 1988- 1992
- Member of academic staff members promotion committee1988- 1992.
- Chairman of Examination Committee for Technicalposts candidates College of
- Co-chairman of Organizing Committee of twelvth Symposium on the Biological
Aspects of Saudi Arabia held at College of Science King Saud University, Riaydh,
21- 23, Decmber,1989.
- Member of graduate requirements Committee of Biological Departments in Gulf
- Member of College of Science Council,1988-1992.
- Member of Saui BiologicalCouncil,1990- 1992
- Member of College of ScienceCouncil, 1980.
C- University Community Services:
- Participated in working groups at King Abulaziz City for Science and Technology.
- Refere of some pojects submitted to King Abdulaziz University Research center
and Journal of King Saud University (Agricultural Sciencs).
- Participatd in reviewing the graduate requirements of Biological Sciences in Gulf
- Secrerary General of Biological Society.
- Member of Biological Society of America
- Member of Saudi Biological Society.