University and Community Services:
· Participation in local radio programs for health education e.g. Prevention of home accidents and road traffic accidents, environmental pollution, Folk and Modern Medicine and others).
· The week of the University and Community. Health education lecture on "Prevention of diseases of affluency in the Saudi Society". Health Screening Exhibition and Services for the Community was provided as a team work. In addition to health education, health screening was provided for visitors including measuring, blood pressure, total serum cholesterol, blood glucose, body mass index and general fitness estimation. Measurement of bone mineral density and demonstration of breast self examination (models, specimens and portable non-invasive machines were used). Girls College; the center for Scientific Studies and research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 16-20/10/1999.
"The international day of the family, a public lecture on "the health characteristics of women in the age of maturity". Prince Salman Social Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 19/5/1998.
"The International Health Day", (Safety Motherhood). Public demonstration and lectures were given to visitors and outpatients clinic attendants in King Khalid University Hospital. Health awareness lectures were also prepared and given to intermediate and high school female students and staff, April 1998.
"The International Day for Osteoporosis". Public Health awareness lecture on "The Etiology and Prevention of Osteoporosis - the hidden thief". Prince Salman Social Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 19/10/1999. (This lecture was presented for female students and staff of the Medical College and Health Science). Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Nov. 1999.
"The International Day for Natural (Breast) Feeding". Public lectures to patients in King Khalid University Hospital and other Primary Health Care Centers. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 57/10/1999.
· Member of several committees in the Department of Family and Community Medicine: (appointment and selection, examination, Field Epidemiology Diploma Training Program and evaluation of postgraduate research proposals).
· Representative of medical college in the "week of University and Community for the years 1999 and 2000".
· Member in the "Research Committee" in Prince Salman Center for disability research since 1999, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
· Member in the priority determination committee for the "Prevention of disability and early detection and intervention". Prince Salman Center for disability research since 1999.
· Member in a nominated committee "to activate the role of women in Prince Salman Center for disability research", 1999, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Scholarships and Awards :
· Plaque and certificate for the organization and participation in the "week of the University and Community", 1999.
· Plaques and certificates of appreciation for the participation in International Health Events (from the administration of King Khalid University Hospital and Medical College), 1999.
· Plaques and certificates for the participation in "School Health Symposium", 1998-1999.
· Award as "Teacher of the Year" for the academic year 1996 G /1416 H.
Other Unreferred Work:-
· Head of team for the evaluation the academic and administrative staff of the "Health Institutes for Girls" in Riyadh. Assigned from the Directorate of the Health Institute, Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 25/5/1997 to 5/6/1997G.
· Training of trainees "a program directed for training physicians in school health units". "Menarche among intermediate grade students and related health problems". The Directorate of Medical Services, the General Presidency for Girls Education. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. May 5, 1999G.
· Participation in "the health education training program for health workers in the hospitals and primary health centers". Al-Nahda health education center and health directorate in Riyadh City. 29/4/2000 - 10/5/2000.
· Participation in the annual selection for female applicants to the medical college and health sciences.