DLT 242 Removable Partial Prosthodontic
Duration: one half year
Credit hours: 4 credit hours
Practical-3 credit hours
Level : Second level, (semester 2& 3 of 5) Pre-requisites: DLT 141 (Removable Complete Dentures)
It is designed to introduce the student to fabricate metal framework
and acrylic resin provisional dentures.
. The course consists of didactic and practical components. The didactic component will be delivered in 15 weekly lectures.
1. Three metal framework for Class I mandibular, Class III maxillary and Class IV maxillary.
2. Three waxed up frameworks
1. Mid term assessment 20%
A. Didactic 10%
B, Practical 10%
2. Laboratory technique 30%
3. Final assessment 50%
A. Final written 25%
B. Final practical 25%
Rhoad JE, Rudd KD, Morrow RM. Dental laboratory procedures Vol.
I and III, 2nd ed St. Louis: CV Mosby Co., 1998.
1. Introduction to removable partial dentures.
2. Components of removable partial dentures.
3. Surveying of partially endentulous casts.
4. Design principles of partial dentures of various Kennedy classifications.
5. Wax blockout- Duplication in Agar- agar material – Pouring of refractory cast.
6. Wax- up of RPD frameworks.
7. Spruing-Investing & casting of wax-up framework,
8. De- investing, de-spruing , finishing and polishing the metal framework.
9. Construction of attached tray- Altered cast technique.
10. Construction of record blocks on altered casts.
11. Arrangement of teeth .refining occlusion –wax-up on altered cast (Kennedy I).
12. Processing R.P .Ds.
13. Repair of removable partial dentures.