1. The course deals with the Basic knowledge of anaethesia (general &local),patient assessment (preoperative visit),Medical problems& anaethesia, postoperative cardiac& respiratory emergencies, standard of care and monitoring in anaethesia and ICU and preparation for blood transfusion the students improve his Knowledge of the above topics by means of lectures ,rotations in (OR),SICU and anaethesia clinic
The student will practice in skill lab. Technique lumber punctures and local anaesthesia
2. The course deals with the theory and practice of Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life support All students will be certified in Basic Life Support (CPR) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
3. oxygen therapy ,use of airway adjuncts, Indotracheal intubation and peripheral and central I.V cannulation will also be covered in ACLS course
4. Other Resuscitative skills such as Tracheostomy,Pericardiocentesis,Thracocentesis,Intraosseouse cannulation ,suctioning, use of Ryel tube,use of Foley catheter ,Mast suite and others will be covered by means of lectures and practice in skill lab.
Total credit hour is 8 hrs divided as follows:
Lectures = 1 hrs.
Practical & Assignment = 3 hrs
Total credit hours 4 hrs
GOAL OF Course:
To provide medical students with knowledges and skills in Resuscitation of critical cases and the basic anaesthesia
On completion of the course, the student should be oriented to the following topics
1. Scoop of Anesthesia.
2. Recognition of Medical problems in anesthetic practice.
3. Introduction to different techniques and practice in anesthetics including general and local anesthesia.
4. Safety in operating theater and Recovery room
5. Standard of care and monitoring in anesthesia
6. Recognition of post-op chest and cardiac complications and its management.
7. Learn basic patient care and monitoring in critical area.
8. Recognition and taking prompt action to prevent or preclude the effects of shock.
9. Recognition of basic information on fluid therapy and its use.
10. Learn the basis of blood transfusion and its complications.
11. Recognition, treat and follow-up Acute Coronary Syndrome
12. Resuscitation of special situations such as
13. Drowning, heat stroke, hypothermia and electric shock
14. Be oriented about the work in the ICU & operating theatre.
15. Learn how to use various types of airway adjuncts
16. Procedures of endotracheal intubation.
17. Learn how to introduce I.V. Cannulation peripherally ¢rally.
18. Be oriented in CPR training course of BLS & ACLS Provider. He/she will hold a valid certificate.
19. Be oriented on crash cart & code procedures (cardiac emergency procedures).
20. Learn proper application of the following resuscitative procedures:
* Oxygen administration via mask or nasal cannula
* Use of mechanical suction
* Preparation of blood transfusion
* Various route of drug administration
* Insertion of Ryle’s tube
*Treat of pneumothorax, cardiocenthesis,intraosseous cannulation
* Venouse cut down,Lumber puncture,Tracheostomy and the use of mast suit
1. Shock , pathophysiology , types ,clinical pictures & management
2. Transfusion of blood and its uses
3. Preoperative visit, medical problems & anaethesia
4. Scoop of naethesia
5. Safety in operating room and recovery room
6. post-operative chest and cardiac complications
7. standards of care and monitoring in anaethetic practices
8. General and local anaethetics
9. Environmental emergencies and Special Situations for resuscitations (heat exhaustion, heat stroke, hypothermia, toxic chemicals ,drowining ,electric shock etc.)
10. Airway adjuncts & endotracheal intubations
11. Peripheral and central I.V. Cannulation
12. Orientation on basic work in I.C.U. & operating theatre.
13. acute coronary syndrome
14. Arrhythmias & D.C Shock
15. Emergency cardiac drugs (Pharmacology I & II )
1. Basic Life Support ( In CPRcenter)
· CPR Adults, Children & Infants
· The use of Barrier Devices
· The use of Automated External Defibrillator
· Foreign Body Obstructed Airway
· Audience: All Healthcare Provider Personnel
· Course Material: BLS Healthcare Provider
· Duration: 8 Hours
· Completion: Examination & Completion Card
2. Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( In CPR center)
· Fewer lectures. Acute Coronary Syndromes, Stroke, Airway Adjuncts & Intubation, Arrhythmias & Direct Current Shock, I.V. Cannulation and Devices to assist circulation.
· More practical using different scenarios
· 10 Core ACLS Cases:
1) Respiratory Arrest
2) Pulseless Ventricular Fibrillation/Ventricular Tachycardia (VF/VT) treated with an Automated External Defibrillator
3) VF/VT refractory to Initial Defibrillation
4) Pulseless Electrical Activity
6) Acute Coronary Syndromes
8) Stable Tachycardia
9) Unstable Tachycardia
· Oxygen administration via mask or nasal cannula
· Use of mechanical suction
· crash cart & code procedures
· Student Material: ACLS Textbook
· Duration: 24 Hours
· Completion: Examination and Completion Cards
3. Other resuscitative procedures ( In Skill lab.)
o Insertion of Ryle’s tube
o Insertion of foley’s catheter
o Treat of pneumothorax,
o Intraosseous cannulation
o Venouse cut down
o use of mast suit
4. Methods of Lumber puncture & local anaethesia ( in Skill Lab.)
5. Rotation in
· Anaethesia clinic (preoperative vist)
· SICU (monitoring of critical patient)
· OR (Methods of anaethesia)