Course Name : Pharmacology
اسم المقرر: علم الأدوية الطبية -2
Course Code & No : MPHL 232
رقم المقرر ورمزه: دوا 232
Credits : 4(3+1)*
الساعات المعتمده:4 (3+1)
Duration : 30 weeks
مدة المقرر: 30 أسبوع
Study year: third year
سنة الدراسة: الثالثة
We are pleased to welcome you in the pharmacology course. Pharmacology is a branch that deals with drugs. The whole year, the students of the third year in medical school well learn general pharmacology then they will know about specific topics, with therapeutic guidance.
GENERAL AIMS FOR ATTACHMENT
1. To gain an overview of the pharmacology course of the third medical year.
2. To help students become familiar with the pharmacology course.
3. At the end of the third year, the students will be able to know what is pharmacology, learn about 100% of the pharmacology program in the medical school.
II. ATTITUDES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be motivated to learn about Drug interactions, adverse drug reactions, modification of the drugs structure activity relationship.
2. Be critical thinkers of the choice of a certain drug depending on its therapeutic effects. .
3. Demonstrate good knowledge about the pharmacology program, and the use of drug in the treatment of diseases.
The course lasts for 30 weeks, (the whole scholar year) 4 hours of lectures and tutorials per week, and there are 4 practical laboratory sessions per year.
A. Student group presentation:
During tutorial sessions the students may be divided into groups. Each group will be of 5-15 students. The group has to present a topic related to pharmacology course, on basis of student objectives and expectations. The presentation should not exceed 30 minutes, for the group, followed by 10 minutes for discussion and feedback on the presentation. At the end of the sessions, the students will be evaluated and take their marks, recorded.
This includes lectures and tutorials. The student preparation and participation will be encouraged in order to help them get the best benefit from the course.
VI. STUDENT’S ASSESSMENT:
I. Continuous Assessment:
1. Quiz assessment with each lab…………… (5 marks)
2. CAT I exam ……………………………. (10 marks)
MCQ (Multiple choice question)
3. Mid term exam ……………………..……… (30 marks)
4. CAT II exam ................................................. (15 marks)
II. Final exam MCQ ....................(40marks)
Grand total …………….100 marks
VII. EVALUATION FORMS:
Different evaluation forms will be distributed to evaluate the process and outcome of teaching in this course.
A. Lecture session evaluation form:
This should be filled directly after each lecture and delivered to the lecture.
B. Small group assessment form:
This will help in assessing the dynamics of the group work and identifying the learning needs in each group meeting.
C. Tutor evaluation form:
Each tutor will be evaluated by his small group at the end of the rotation this will help in further improvement of his/her teaching skills.
D. Course evaluation form:
This evaluation form will give us a feedback about your level of satisfaction with this course and your own comments for further improvement.
1. Antimicrobial Drugs
2. Drugs T.B/Lebrosy
4. Cancer Chemotherapy
5. Antifungal drugs
6. Antiviral drugs
7. Local anaesthetics
8. General anaesthetics
9. Anthelmintic drugs
10. Antischistosomal drugs/ drugs in Leishmaniasis
11. Antiamoebic drugs
12. Antimalarial drugs
14. Antianxiety drugs
15. Drugs in migraine
16. Drugs in epilepsy
17. NSAIDs/drugs in gout
18. Opioid analgesics
19. Drugs in Parkinson’s disease
20. Antipsychotic drugs
22. Respiratory Pharmacology
23. Drugs in Peptic Ulcer
24. Drugs in Bowel dysfunction