3) University and Community Service:
1. I currently work as a part time consultant for the Ministry of Agriculture and Water in the field of plant diseases (especially virus diseases) from 13/5/2002 till now.
2. Several consultations to diagnose and identify plant diseases of greenhouse and open field grown crops in general, particularly diseases of date palm trees and viral diseases of other crops. Recommendations of the best methods of control are usually made to the university nursery, agricultural research and experimental station, farmers, private, national and governmental agricultural establishments or companies.
B) Refereeing of some books, research and scientific reports occurs periodically. For instance :
1. Books that are submitted for publications and the supervision of the Scientific Council at King Saud University.
2. Research papers submitted for publication at the Arab Plant Protection Journal.
3. Research papers submitted for publication at King Saud University Journal, Agricultural Sciences branch.
4. Research papers submitted for publication at Emirates Journal of Agricultural Science (University of United Arab Emirates).
5. Research papers submitted for publication at Dirasat Journal (University of Jordan).
6. Research papers submitted for publication at the Journal of Biological Sciences (Saudi Biological Science Society).
7. Research projects submitted for financial support and periodic reports at King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology.
8. Scientific work submitted for promotion at the scientific council of the Girls College of Education, Riyadh.
9. Evaluation of research projects and the periodic reports from the research center at King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah.
10. Research papers submitted for publication at the Saudi Journal of food and nutritional sciences.
C) Information Services:
Occasionally, articles are being written and radio and TV interviews are being carried out on related topics. For example:
1. Specialized articles in “Al-Riyadh” daily newspaper.
2. Specialized article in “Okaz” ” daily newspaper.
3. Specialized articles in “Yamamah” weekly magazine.
4. Specialized article in “The Food world” monthly magazine.
5. Contribution in the growers TV program by delivering a speech titled “ Virus diseases and their methods of control” 1989.
6. Several radio interviews in different topics in "the scientific research circles" and "cases and opinions" programs during the period starting 1992-2002.
7. Participation in the TV program , The Kingdom this Morning. 1997.
8. A TV interview in "Our Greenland "program. 1997.
9. A TV interview in the program “Environmental Cases” recorded 5/9/2000.
10. Several radio interviews in different topics in the field of organic agriculture and control of agricultural pests and diseases during 2007.
11. Writing of specialized article in Al-Hayat newspapers regarding wheat cultivars resistant to black rust disease in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia titled” black rust disease threatens the local wheat crop at losses of millions” dated 13/4/2007.
D) Participation in Scientific Sessions , Workshops and lectures :
Participation in scientific sessions, workshops and public lectures was as follows:
1. Pest and Diseases of Controlled Environment Agriculture held in the Community Service and Continuing Education Center, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 14-30/11/1992.
2. The training session on diagnosis and identification of plant diseases. Ministry of Agriculture and Water. 12-23/6/1993.
3. The training session for agricultural extensionests. The Center for Training and Social Research, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Diriyah. 28/9/1993.
4. The training session for control of date palm pests and diseases. The National Center for Agricultural and Water Research at Riyadh. 16-27/4/1994.
5. The training session for wheat pests and diseases. The National Center for Agricultural and Water Research at Riyadh. Ministry of Agriculture and Water. 29/1-9/2/1994.
6. Control of date palm pests and diseases. The research Center for Pastures and animal wealth , Ministry of Agriculture and Water, Al-Joaf. 6-17/7/1996.
7. The training session on diagnosis and identification of plant diseases. Ministry of Agriculture and Water. 30/11- 11/12/1996.
8. Introductory session for integrated management of agricultural pests organized by The National Center for Agricultural and Water Research at Riyadh in cooperation with the Arab Organization for Agricultural Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 7/6/1997.
9. A lecture on disease agents of date palm. Agricultural Research and Experimental Station at Dirab. College of Agriculture, King Saud University, , Saudi Arabia. 11/4 /2001.
10. Organic farming Workshop organized by the National Agricultural Company. Riyadh. 23/4/2001.
11. A lecture on diseases of date palm. Ministry of Agriculture and Water. Riyadh Al-Khabra. Al- Gassim Region, Saudi Arabia. 13/5/2001.
12. A lecture on pesticides misuse organized by the agricultural committee at the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry at Al-Kharj water tower, Al-Kharj. 16/2/2002.
13. Attendance of the date palm pest and diseases session organized by the ministry of agriculture in 1/1424 H.
14. A lecture on pesticides misuse in the civil safety and defense symposium organized by the civil defense administration on 22/4/1426 H.
15. A lecture on the most important virus diseases on vegetable crops and their means of control in the training session organized by the Ministry of agriculture titled “Insect and disease pests for vegetable crops and their means of control” held at Riyadh development center within the period 9-20/8/1427 H.