v Name: Mutasim Ibrahim Khalil
v Date of Birth: May – 21st 1946
v Specialization: Chemistry
v Status: Professor, Chemistry Department, King Saud University.
v Marital Status: Married with six children.
v Address: Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, KSU
P.O. Box: 2455 , Riyadh 11451
1. B.Sc Honors, First class, Khartoum University, 1967.
2. M.Sc. Degree, Khartoum University, 1969.
3. Ph.D. Degree, Nottingham University, 1972.
4. International Training Course on Occupational and Environmental safety in the utilization of radioactive materials, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, Mass, USA, 1977.
5. Training Course in the field of Analytical Nuclear physics, Mossbauer Spectroscopy, at the Nuclear Research Centre, Demokritos, Athens, Greece, 1980.
Posts & Career Positions
1. Prof. of Chemistry, king Saud University, 1997 – up-to-Date.
2. Associate Prof. of Chemistry, King Saud University, 1983 – 1997.
3. Associate Prof. of Chemistry, Khartoum University 1982 – 1983.
4. Associate Prof. of chemistry, Gar Younis University, Libya, 1980 – 1982.
5. Associate Prof. of Chemistry, Khartoum University, 1978 – 1980.
6. Assistant Prof. of Chemistry, Khartoum University, 1972 – 1978.
7. Ph.D. Scholar, British Council scholar, Nottingham University, 1969 – 1972.
8. Demonstrator and M.Sc. Scholar, Khartoum University, 1967 – 1969.
9. Cement Industry Chemist, White Nile Cement Factory. Rabak, Sudan, April 1967 – Oct. 1967.
1. M.Sc. Scholar, Khartoum University, 1967 – 1969.
2. Ph.D. Scholar, British Council, Nottingham University, 1969 – 1972.
3. International Atomic Energy Agency Fellowship, Athens, Demokriton, Nuclear Research Centre, 1980.
4. International Atomic Energy Agency Fellowship, Harvard University, Boston, USA, 1977.
5. Sabbatical Leave, Nottingham University,
1. Khartoum University Prize in Chemistry, 1967.
Affiliations & Memberships
1. Member of the Saudi Chemistry Society (MSCS).
2. Member of the American chemistry Society (MACS).
3. Member of the Royal society of Chemistry ( MRCS).
4. Member of the American Association for Advanced Sciences (MAAAS).
5. Member of the Nonaqueous Chemistry Group.
1. Mutasim I. Khalil, P.G. Harrison and N. Logan, "Concerning Anhydrous Tin (II) Nitrate" , Inorganic Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 8, 1972, pp551-553.
2. Mutasim I. Khalil and C.C. Addison, " Solutions of Covalent Nitrates in Some Non-Aqueous Solvents, an N.M.R. study," solutions procd., Third International conference on non-Agues us (ICNAS), East Lansing, U.S.A., July 1972,p72.
3. Mutasim I. Khalil and C.C. Addison, "Nitronium Trichloroacetate Metalates", Procd., Fourth International Conference on Non-Aqueous solutions ( ICNAS), Vienna, July 1974, G.B.S., pp 39-40.
4. Mutasim I. Khalil and M.K. saad EL-Din Sherief, " Production Technology of Uranium and Thorium from Monazite by Ion Exchange Resin Chromatography, Part 1 : Separation from Mixed Solvents", Bulletion of Faculty of Science, Assiut University, Chemistry, 1974, pp 273-280.
5. Mutasim I. Khalil and M.K. Saad El-Din Sherief, " Production Technology of Uranium and Thorium from Monazite by Ion Exchange Resin Chromatography, Part II: Separation from Mixed Solvents", Bulletin of Faculty of Science, Assiut University, Chemistry, 1975, pp 109-113.
6. Mutasim I. Khalil K. Frank Chew, A. Michael and N. Logan, " Nitrogen-14-Nuclear Magnetic Study of some Diamagnetic Covalent Metal nitrates", J. Chem. Soc., Dalton, 1975, pp 1315-1318.
7. Mutasim I. Khalil P.G. Harison and N. Logan, "A Contribution to the Chemistry of Tin (IV) Nitrate", Inorganica Chemica Acta., 30, 1978, pp 165-170.
8. Mutasim I. Khalil and A. Aziz Moharam, " Reactions of N2O4 with Nitrogen Containig Compounds", Proc. Of International Conference on Non- Aqueous Solution (ICNAS), University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, August 1978. p77.
9. Mutasim I. khalil, Norman Logman and Arlo Harris, " potassium Hexanitrato-cobaltate (III)".J. Chem. Soc., Dalton, 1980, pp314-316.
10. Mutasim I. Khalil, and Magda Alhalim " Spectroscopic Investigation of Equilibrium between NO+ and Nitrous acid in Aqueous Trifluoroacetic Acid", Indian J. of Chem. Soc. A, VoI. 19, No. 7, July, 1980, pp 689-691.
11. Mutasim I. khalil, and AlAziz M. Moharam " Nitrosation of Aniline by N2O4 " J.Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans., I, 1981, 77, pp 1737-1742.
12. Mutasim I. Khalil, and G. M. Khan, "Kinetics of Catalysed Redox Reactions between Acrylic Acid and Peroxy disulphate", J. Chem Soc. Pak., VoL. 3, No. 3, 1981, pp 125-128.
13. Mutasim I. Khalil, and Jamal A.M. Al- Sharqawi, "On Cobaltic Acetate", Inorganica Chemica Acta, 121, 1986, p27.
14. Mutasim I. Khalil, Jamal A.M. Al-Sharqawi, and Hassan Daban, " A New Route to the Formation of Cabaltic Acetate", Inorganica Chemica Acta, 132, 1987, pp95-98.
15. Mutasim I. Khalil, Jamal A.M. Al-Sharkawy and Hassan Dabban, " HNO2- NO+ Equilibrium System in Aqueous Hydrobromic Acid, Part I, U.V. Study and Correlation to Acidity Functions, " Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 5, No. 1, 1989 , pp52-57.
16. Mutasim I. Khalil, and Jamal A.M. Al-Sharkawy, "Chromatographic Separation of the Trinuclar (M3O) Entity, part I,: Fe3O". Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 4, 1988, pp 344-347.
17. Mutasim I. Khalil, and Hassan Al-Swaidan, "Spectrophotometrical Determination of Cobalt II Through Geometrical Variation of Cobalt II Compounds" , Oriental Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 4. No. 3,(1988) pp 263-266.
18. Mutasim I. Khalil, Philip G. Harrison, Michael G. Begley, Thakor Kikabhai, and Andrew T. Steal " Complexes of Lead (II) Bis (O,O'-di alkyldithiophosphates ) with Nitrogen Doner Ligands", J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1989, pp2443-2448.
19. Mutasim I. Khalil, " Nitronium ( Trifluoroacetato metalates, 1, Nitrosonium Hexakis (trifluoroacetato ) Stannate ( IV)" , Inorg. Chem, 1990, 29, pp 5131-5133.
20. Mutasim I. Khalil, " Synthesis and Characterisation of the Complex: Triphenylphosphine Acetylmethylenetrimethyltin Nitrate" Main Group Metal Chemistry J., V. 19, 12, 1996, pp753-754.
21. Mutasim I. Khalil, " Pyrolysis of Triphenylphosphineacetyl-methylenetrimethyl Tin Chloride" , J. of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 49, (1997), pp169-172.
22. Mutasim I. Khalil, "Synthesis and Characterisation of Covalently Bonded Tin-substituted Ylids" , Main Group Metal Chem. J., V. 21,4, (1998), pp 193-198.
23. Mutasim I. Khalil , " Calculating Enthalpy of Reaction by a Matrix Method, J. Chem.Edu., Vol77, pp 185-187,2000.
24. Mutasim I. Khalil and A. Alwasil, "The Nature Of the Iron Moiety Biosorped by Immobilized Saccharomyces ceruisiae at low pH: A Mossbauer Spectroscopic Investigation" , J. Saudi Chem., Soc., Vol 3, No, 1, pp 19-25, 1999.
25. Mutasim I. Khalil, A.AL Wasil and M.H. AL.Qunaibit, " Study of Metal Exchange Mechanisms in Microorganisms , J. Saudi chem . Soc., Vol4 , No.1 , pp 33-42, (2000).
26. Mutasim L.Khalil " Contriving Thermo chemical Equations from Informational Data by the Matrix Method" J.Saudi Chem. Soc., Vol6, No3, pp433-438, (2002).
27. Mutasim I.Khalil, H.A. Abubshait, A.I.Al-Mansour, S.A.Khan, A.A. Mohumed and T.M.Al-Turki " Infrared and Mossbauer Spectroscopic Aspects of Some Sterically Hindered Organotin Compounds " J. Saudi chem.. Soc., vol. 7 , No.1 pp59-64, (2003).
28. Mutasim I.Khalil, A. Alwasil and M-tl.M. Al-Qunaibit, " FT-IR Spectroscopic Study and the Nature of Cd(II), Fe(III) and Sn(IV) Moieties Biosor ped by chlorella Vulgaris" , J. Saudi Chem Soc., Vol7, No.3, pp326-330(2003).
29. Mutasim I. khalil and A. Al.wasil, " Treatment and Recyching and silver Wastes", Proceeding of Solid Wastes Management and Recycling, pp 251-257, Benghazi, Libya, 2003.
30. Mutasim I. Khalil, " Mutasim's method Instead of Hess's" International Conference on Chemistry and Industry Proceedings, pp50, 2004, Riyadh , SA.
31. Mutasim I. Khalil, Mustafa M. Osman and S.E. Hamad, " X-Ray Fluorescence and Mossbauer Spectroscopic Characterization of Clays Arround Khartoum"J.Saudi Chem. Soc., Vol 9 , No. 2 , pp321-330 (2005).
32. Mutasim I. Khalil , M.H. Al-Quraibit and A.ALwasil, " The Eddect of Solvents on Metal I On Adsorption by the Alga Chlorella Vulgaris, Chemosphere, 60(2005) 412-418.
33. Mutasim I. K halil , Suzan M. Abu Zeid and Menal R.M. AL Romaih, " A Refined X-Ray Crystal Structure of : Silver Nitrate Hexamethylene tetra mine", JSCS, 2006.
34. Mutasim I-Khalil , A-AL-Wasil, A.AL-OTAIBI , Z.Sidigi and M. Farougi, " Synthesis, Characterization and X-Ray Crystal Structure of (4,6 - Amino – Pyridine -2- ylamino) – pent-3- en -2- one", JSCS, 2006.
35. Mutasim I-Khalil, Hamda Al-Enizi and Maha.AL-Qunaibit, " A New Route to the Preparation of K2CrO4" , Saudi Chem. Soc., Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 287-292 (2007).
v I have written and translated several books, (please see C.V. Arabic version).
v I have published several scientific articles in Arabic, (please see C.V. Arabic version).
v Conferences & Forums:
· I have attended several Conferences and Forums in Chemistry held locally and aboard (Details are available if required).
v Supervision of Academic degrees:
· I have supervised several M.Sc. Ph.D. Students research projects at Khartoum & King Saud Universities. I am supervising one Ph.D. & one M.Sc. student at present ,( please see C.V. Arabic Version).
v Other Activities:
· Member of the teaching load committee at the chemistry department at KSU.
· Chairman of the detergents specifications committee at Saudi Arabia Standards Organization.
· Referee of some Chemistry Journals Articles, Research projects and translated books.
v Present Research Activities & Interests:
· Metal Oxides nanoparticles.
· Curcumin derivatives & complexes.
· Mossbauer spectroscopy of iron & tin.
· Chemistry of Algae.