DENTAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
DLT 141 - REMOVABLE PROSTHODONTIC TECHNOLOGY
Course Director Dr. Moustafa A. Hassaballa
Assistant Course Director Mr. Isaac Idowu
Duration One (1) Year Course
Credit Hours 8 Credit Hours
Didactic 2 Credit Hours
Practical 6 Credit Hours
Level Second level (Semester 2 & 3 of 5)
This is the first of 2 courses in Removable Prosthodontic Technology required for graduation from the Diploma Program. It is designed to introduce the student to the concepts, indications and limitations of designs and techniques used to prepare and fabricate complete dentures, immediate dentures and transitional dentures.
The course consists of Didactic and Practical components:
· The Didactic component will provide the concepts, indications and limitations of designs and techniques used to prepare and fabricate the described acrylic prosthesis included in this course.
· The practical component will be delivered in 90 (3 weekly) sessions that will provide the instruction and practice necessary, to progressively develop the skills and understanding required to prepare and fabricate the described acrylic prosthesis included in this course.
The student will be familiar with the concepts, indications and techniques used and be able to construct and/or fabricate:
· Study casts.
· Custom Impression Trays.
· Master casts by boxing and pouring final impressions.
· Record blocks.
· Complete dentures (a step-by-step procedure of denture fabrication)
· Transitional dentures.
· Denture Repairs.
1. Continuous Assessment - 60%
Three (3) Continuous Assessments - 30%
Four (4) Practical Assessments - 20%
Daily Assessments - 10%
2. Final Examination - 40%
Final Didactic Examination - 20%
Final Practical Examination - 20%
1. Hassaballa, M.H, and Talic, Y.F. Principles of Complete Denture Prosthodontics. 1st. edition. King Saud University. Academic publishing & press, 2005.
2. Rudd and Morrow, Dental Laboratory Procedures, Vol. 1 (Complete Dentures) 2nd edition, St. Louis, The CV Mosby Co., 1986