Dr. Mohammed N. Al-Arifi
Name Dr. Mohammed Nasir Saud AlArifi
Present address Clinical Pharmacy Department,
Director of Drug and poison information
Center, College of Pharmacy, King Saud
P.O. Box 2457,
Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia.
Contact Telephone: 9661-4677352
Fax No. : 9661-4676229
E-mail : email@example.com
Spoken languages Arabic and English
Education (Academic Qualifications)
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), School of Pharmacy, Queen's University of Belfast, United Kingdom
Thesis: Clinical Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic studies Involving Thiopentone and Propofol.
B.Pharm. 1986, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh.
Demonstrator in the Model Pharmacy Clinical Pharmacy Department, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh. Drug information specialists at the Drug and Poison Information Center, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh.
Director of Drug and poison Information Center, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh
Assistant Professor in the clinical Pharmacy Department, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University
Associate Professor of clinical Pharmacy, King Saud University, 2011
· Director of Drug and Poison Information Center, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh from 1996 till now.
· Director of the Computer Net Services (internet, E-mail and student computer training courses) which affiliated to the Drug and Poison Information Center at the College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh
· Editor-in-Chief, Drug & Poison Information Bulletin, Drug and Poison Information, Center, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University Riyadh, till now.
· Phmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs specially anesthetic drugs.
· NONLIN statistical clinical pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling studies.
· NONMEM pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic statistical clinical studies of populations groups.
· Drug information recourses and retrieving drug information.
· Smoking hazards.
Symposiums, workshops and conferences:
· Organizing committee of first exhibition of drug education, held in college of pharmacy, 1421 h.
· Organizing committee of second exhibition of drug education, held in college of pharmacy, 1424 H.
· College of Pharmacy organizing committee of the first community and university weak at King Saud University, 1996.
· College of Pharmacy organizing committee of the second community and university weak at King Saud University, 1998.
· College of Pharmacy organizing committee of the third community and university weak at King Saud University, 2000.
· College of Pharmacy organizing committee of the fourth community and university weak at King Saud University, 2002.
· College of Pharmacy organizing committee of the fifth community and university weak at King Saud University, 2004
· Work shop of Internet application in libraries and information centers, from 14-15 march 1998, at king Abdulaziz City for Science and technology
· Symposium of the electronic pharmacy, held by the Saudi pharmaceutical Society, April, 2004, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
· Second international Lebanese American University Conference of clinical pharmacy (Optimizing Pharmaceutical Care), May, 2004, Lebanon.
· Fifth international Pharmacy conference held by Saudi Pharmaceutical Society, Riyadh, 1999, Saudi Arabia.
· 13th international conference of tobacco and health, Helsinki, August, 2003.
· Fourth international Pharmacy conference held by Saudi Pharmaceutical Society, Riyadh, 2003, Saudi Arabia.
· Win-nonlin workshop, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, August, 2002.
· Attendance of smoking cessation training course organized by smoking cessation training and research programme, June, 2004, London, United Kingdome.
· Attendance of the Ninth international Pharmaceutical and Exposition Conference held at the College of Pharmacy, KSU, 2005.
Attendance of the first Asian regional conference 2008 SRNT (society of research in nicotine and tobacco) Thailand, October 28-31. 2008.
Attendance of Asian conference on pharmacoepidemiology-Korea 2008, November 3-5. (Third Asian Meeting in Korea).
Attendance of ACCP/ESCP International Congress on Clinical Pharmacy, held on Orlando, USA, April 24-28, 2009.
Attendance of the summer meeting conference 2009, American Society of Health-System Pharmacist, Chicago, USA, Jun 14-17.
Attendence of the ACCP annual meeting conference , held on Anhiem,USA, October 18-21, 2009
Attendance of the ASHP American Sociaty of Health Pharmacisit System summer meeting 2010
Attendance of the American College of Clincal Pharmacy Annual Meeeting Accp 2010
Presenting a poster about drug Information Center in Saudi Arabia at the Annual meeting of drug information Association Chicago 2011
Attendance of the American colleges of clinical Pharmacy Annual meeting ACCP Pitiburg 2011
Researches and projects
Finished project of studying the radioactive effect of smoking cigarettes and shihsa (Detection of the presence of polonium 210), in the saudi population, which funded by the deanship of scientific research, King Saud University, College of Pharmacy, for two years.
· Reviewer for the Saudi Medical Journal.
· Reviewer for the American Journal of Public Health.
· Reviewer for the Neurosciences Journal.
· Reviewer for the Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal
1. Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, Othman A. Gubara, Hesham M. Korashy, Drug Information Centers in Saudi Arabia: Evaluation of Community Pharmacists, Services in Riyadh City, Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 1997;4:183-189.
2. Tawfeeg A. Najjar, PhD, Mohammed N. Al-Arifi PhD, Othman A. Gubara MsC and Mohammed Dana BsC, Ethical Requests Received by Drug and Poison Information Center in Saudi Arabia, Journal of social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2000;17(4):234-237.
3. E.I. Shabana, M.A Abd elaziz, M.N Al-Arifi, A.A Al-Dhawailie and M.M al-Bokari, Evaluation of the contribution of Smoking to total Blood Polonium-210 in Saudi Population. Applied Radiation and Isotope Journal. 2000;52:23-26.
4. Othman A. Gubara, Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, Badraddin M. Al-Hadiya, Rosiglutazone: A new Hypoglycemic Agent for Treatment of Insulin Resistance. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2001; 8(2-3):122-128.
5. Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, Othman A. Gubara and Mohammed Dana, The Role of Rofecoxib in Arthritis and Pain. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2001; 9(1):59-66.
6. Al-Arifi M. N., Tekele A., Al-Madi S., Al-Dhawailie A., Al-Najjar T.A. and Mgboul M.M., Simultaneous Determination of Propofol and Thiopentone in Whole Blood by Reversed Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Arab Pharmaceutical Science Journal. 2001;1(9):23-31.
7. M.H. Daba, O. Saleh, M.N. AlArifi, O.A.Gubara, B.M.H Al- Hadiya and M.H Dana. The Role of Infection in Atherosclerosis. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2002;10(1-2):9-17.
8. M. N. Al-Arifi, S. Al-Madi, O.A. Gubura and M. H. Dana. Asurvey of drug information centers in Riyadh city, Saudi Arabia.Arab Pharmaceutical Science Journal. 2003;4(9);27-38.
9. Ibrahim A. Alsarra, Mohammed N. Alarifi, Validated liquid chromatographic determination of 5-flourouracil in human plasma. Journal of Chromatography B,. 2004;804:435-439.
10. Mohammed H. Daba, MD, PhD, Kamal E. El-Tahir, B. pharm, PhD, Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, B. Pharm., PhD, Othman A. Gubara, B. Pharm. MsC., Drug-Induced pulmonary fibrosis, Saudi Med J. 2004;25(6):700-706.
11. M. N. Al-Arifi, Prevalence of Smoking and Attitude Towards Smoking Cessation Among Community Pharmacists, Saudi Arabia. J of Phar Technol, 2004; 20: 329-33.
12. Mohammed N. Al-Arifi. Smoking Habits among Pharmacy at a University in Central Saudi Arabia. Saudi Med J. 2005;25(5):893-895.
13. Mohamed Abdulrahman Al-Omar, Mohammed Nasir Al-Arifi. Comparative effects of Scopoletin and Menadione in aldehyde oxidase activity of guinea pig liver. Journal of Biologcal Sciences. (2005), 5(4), 525-531.
14. Mohammed Nasir Al-Arifi. Estimation Of the amount of 210Po released with the smoke stream into smoker's lungs from cigarette tobacco and some smoking-pastes in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Medical Sciences. (2005), 5(2), 83-88.
15. Mohamed A. Al-Omar and Mohammed Nasir Al-Arifi. Glucagon-like peptide-derivatives and dipeptidyl peptidase-iv inhibitors. New hope for treatment of type-2 diabetes. Saudi Medical Journal. 2005, 26(10), 1511-1515.
16. Mohamed A. Al-Omar and Mohammed Nasir Al-Arifi. Current and New Strategies in Therapy of Neurodegenerative Disorders: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis as a Model. Arab Pharmaceutical Science Journal. 2005;3(1);105-112.
17. M.N. Al-Arifi, K.M. Alkharfy, S.A. Al-Suwayeh, K.A. Aleissa, A.A., Shabana, E. I. Al-Dhuwaili and M.I. Al-Hassan. Levels of 210po in Blood, Urine and Hair of Some Saudi Smokers. Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear Chemistry. 2006; 269(1); 115-118.
18. Yusuf A. Asiri, Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, Mohammed S. Al-Sultan and Othman A. Gubara. Evaluation of Drug and Poison Information Center in Saudi Arabia During the period of 2000-2002. Saudi Medical Journal. 2007; 28(4); 477-479.
19. Mohammed N. Al-Arifi, Abdulatif A. Al-Dhuwaili, Othman A. Gubara, Husain A. Al-Omar, Mohammed S. Al-Sultan and Rajab I. Saeed. Pharmacists Understanding and Attitudes Towards Pharmaceutical Care in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2007; 15(2); 133-146.
20. Mohamed N Al-Arifi, Community pharmacists Attitude Towrds Mental Illness and providing care to mentally ill patients. Neurosciences Journal, 2008;13(4);412-420.
21. Mohamed N Al-Arifi, Pharmacy students attitudes toword pharmaceutical care in Riyadh region Saudi Arabia, Pharmacy World & Science Journal, 2009.
22. Mohamed Al-Arifi, Evaluation and Attitude of Pharmacy Students Towar drug information Courses, Assuit Bulletin, 2009.
23. Asiri Y., Al-Arifi M., Polypharmacy and Patterns in drug prescribing at a primary Health Care Center in the Riyadh region Saudi Arabia, International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 2010
24.Al-Omar H and Al-Arifi M., Pharmacy student Use, Knowledge and Attitude Toward cmolementry and Alternative Medicine at Riyadh Region Saudi Arabia, International journal of green pharmacy, 2011