Dept. of Plant Protection,
College of Food sciences and Agriculture,
King Saud University,
P.O. Box 2460,
Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia.
Mobile: +966 (0) 504490191
Phone: +966 (0) 1 467-8427
FAX: +966 (0) 1 467-8423
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Dept. of Plant Protection,
College of Agriculture,
King Saud University May 1999 - present
Dept. Plant Protection,
College of Agriculture,
King Saud University June 1986 –Dec 1986
Ph.D. – pesticides
Dept. of Entomology
Clorado State University December 1995
MS – Entomology
Dept. of Entomology
University of Arizona August 1990
B.Sc. - Plant Protection
College of Agriculture,
King Saud University, January 1986
RESEARCH INTERESTS/CAREER GOALS:
- Teaching / Research / Extension position with responsibilities in developing applied pest management program for insect pest of horticultural crop in Saudi Arabia including vegetables, fruits and greenhouse crops.
- Investigation of chemical controls especially alternatives show reduced potential for environmental risk.
- safe use of pesticides in Saudi Arabia.
- Study of the date palm pests management, red palm weevil biology and behavior, date palm mites management, and date moths seasonal distribution.
PLPT 201 Basics of Crop Protection (pesticides part)
PLPT 242 Insect Pests of Field and Garden Crops
PLPT 261 General Pesticides
PLPT 405 Field Training
PLPT 446 Integrated Pest Management
PPLPT 460 Pesticides Formulation and Application
PLPT 509 Formulation of Pesticides
PLPT 514 Inecticides
PLPT 590 Selected Topics
PLPT 595 Seminar
PLPT 600 Thesis and Research
1-Alaa Kamel ,Saleh Al-Dosary, Samy Ibrahim, and Mohammed Asif Ahmed. Degradation of the acaricides abamectin, flufenoxuron and amitraz on Saudi Arabian dates (2007).
Chemistry 100 (2007) 1590–1593.
2- Alhussein M. Assiry and Saleh Aldosari. Effect of Conventional and electrical thermal stresses on the destruction kinetics of silvanidae insects inside the fruits of some date varieties. Alex. Sci. Exch., 48 (2): 69-80.
3- Al-Dosari, S. A. (2002). Pesticides and handling at farm level in Al-Kharj province. Alex. Agric. Res. J., 47 (2): 47 – 55.
4- Al-Dosari, S.A. (2001). Efficacy of certain insecticides for the control of cotton bollworm (Helicovera armigera Hb) on tomatoes in Al-Kharj province, Saudi Arabia. Saudi. J. Bio., Vol. 8, No.1.
5- Al-Dosari, S.A. (2000). Evaluation of some insecticides to control the potato tuberworms Phathorimaea operculella (Zeller) on tomato crop in Al-Kharj province. Alex. Sci. Exch., 3 (21): 157-166.
6- Al-Dosari, S. A.; Y. Sultan; F. Al-Yahya and S. Al-Suhaibani (2000). Olive pests. Extension Bulletin No. 86.
7- Al-Yahya, F. A.; A. M. Al-Suhaibani; S. A. Al-Dosari; S. El-Husseini and H. M. Al-Dahafer (1999). Integrated pest management of Date-Palm pests in Saudi Arabia. Alex. Sci. Exch., 3 (20): 205-233.
8- Al-Dosari, S.A. and W. S. Cranshaw. (1999). Onion Thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) Response to Regular Applications of Pyrethroides in Field Populations. J. King Saud Univ. 2, Agric. Sci., 14
9- Al-Dosari, A. saleh, A. M. Al-Suhaibani and A. G. Ali.(2002) Susceptibility of some Dry Date Palm Varieties to Infestation by Oryzaephilus surinamensis (L) (Coleoptera: Silvanidare) in Relation to their Chemical Composition. Assiut Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Assiut University (Accepted for publication on 4 /5/ 2002.
10- Al-Dosari, S.A (2000). “Evaluation of some Insecticides to Control the Potato Tuberworms Phthorimaea operculella ( Zeller ) on Tomato Crop in Al-Kharhj Province”, Alex. Sci. Exch., 3 (21), 157-166.
11- Al-Dosari, S.A. W.S. Cranshaw and F.C. Schweissing, (1996). “ Effects on Control of Onion Thrips from Co-Application of Onion Pesticides, J. Southwestern Entomologist, 21 (10), 49- 54.
12- Al-Dosari, S.A.; T.F. Watson; S. Sivasupramanian ans A.A. Osman, (1996). “ Susceptibility of Field Population of Beet Armyworm ( Lepidoptera: Noctudae ) to Cyfluthrin, Methomyl and Profenfos and Selection for Resistance to Cyfluthrin. ”, J. Econ. Entomol., 89 (6), 1359-1363.
13- Al-Dosari, S.A. and W.S. Cranshaw (1999). “ Onion Thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae ), Response to Regular Applications of Pyrethroids in Field Populations “, J. King Saud Univ., 2, Agric. Sci. 14 ( 2 ): 91-100.
14- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari. Control of onion thrips in onions, comparison of registered materials. 1992. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 20 . 43E.
15- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari. Evaluation of Adjuvants on control of onion thrips with cypermethrin. 1992. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 20 . 44E.
16- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari .Control of onion thrips in onions, Adjuvant trial, Greeley, Co. 1992. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 20 . 45E.
17- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari .Control of onion thrips in onions, Greeley, CO. 1992. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 20 . 46E.
18- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari .Control of onion thrips, Ft. Collins, CO. 1996. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 21 . 60E.
19- Cranshaw, S. C and S. Al-Dosari .Control of onion thrips, Ft. Collins, CO. 1996. Arthropod Management Tests. Vol. 21 . 61E.
Participation in Conferences, Symposia and Other Activities:
- The 92 Annual Meeting of The Ecololgical Society of America. Memphis, San Jose, California. USA (Aug 5- 11, 2007) (paper was presented: Susceptibility of date palm fruit cultivars to the natural infestation by Oligonychus afrasiaticus (Mcg.) (Acari: Tetranychidae) in relation to their chemical composition.
- The 91 Annual Meeting of The Ecololgical Society of America. Memphis, Tennessee. US(Aug 6- 11, 2006) A (paper was presented: SUSCEPTIBILITY OF SOME DRY DATE PALM VARIETIES TO INFESTATION BY ORYZAEPHILUS SURINAMENSIS (L.) (COLEOPTERA: SILVANIDAE) IN RELATION TO THEIR CHEMICAL COMPOSITION.
- The Third International Conference for Development and Environment in the Arab World. Assiut – Egypt 21-23 March 2006. (paper was presented title: Important practices in order to prevent of infestations of Red Palm Weevil.
-Integrated Pest management for Palm Pests in Al- Mohamadia Farm, 1st Saudi agriculture sciences committee “towards sustainable agriculture development “ , from 22 – 24 / 11 / 1422 H. ( 5 – 7 / 2 / 2002 ).
- The United World Conference of the Plant Protection (GCPR). (paper was presented title: Report of the Agriculture Chemical Committee (ACC) In Saudi Arabia. Morocco - Casablanca (6-8/3/2000.
- The Third Arab Conference on “Modern Biotechnology and Areas of Application in The Arab World” Cairo, Egypt, 14-17 December 1998.
- International Conference in Integrated Pest Management, Agriculture College, Sultan Kabuss University, from 23 –25 February, 1998.
- Display Presentation: at the Annual meeting of the Entomological Society of America, Las Vegas , NV. (Dec. 17-21, 1995) Seasonal shifts in insecticide resistance among Thrips tabaci in field populations. S. Al-Dosari and W. Cranshaw, Dept. Entomol., Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins.
- Display Presentation: at the Annual meeting of the Entomological Society of America, Dallas, Tex (Dec. 13-17, 1994) Interactions of onion thrips and cultural practices on onions. W. Cranshaw and S. Al-Dosari and F. Schweissing.
- Display Presentation: at the Annual meeting of the Entomolgical Society of America, Baltimore, MD (Dec. 12-16, 1993) Evaluation of insecticide resistance levels in populations of onion thrips in onions. S. Al-Dosari and W, Cranshaw, Dept. Entomol., Colorado State Univ. Fort Collins, CO.
- Presentation at the Annual meeting of the Entomological Society of America, Baltimore, MD (Dec. 6-9, 1992). Measurement of and selection for insecticide resistance in various populations of beet armyworm. S. Al-Dosari, Dept. Entomolgy., Colorado State Uni., Fort Collins, CO, T.F.Watson and A.A.Osman, Dept. Entomol., Univ.Arizona, Forbes Bld., Tucson, AZ.
- Presentation at the Annual meeting of the Entomolgical Society of America, Baltimore, MD (Dec. 6-9, 1992). Varietals-based action threshold for onion thrips on onions. S. Al-Dosari and W. Cranshawand F. Schweissing
- Efforts of plant protection department in the agriculture development in Saudi Arabia, the university general symposium – agriculture section, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Oct. 25-2, 1999.
- Annual changes to the resistance of onion thrips population to insecticides, 1st Saudi symposium on agriculture sciences. College of Agriculture, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 25-27, 1997.
- Resistance of onion strains to onion thrips, 1st Saudi symposium on agriculture sciences. College of Agriculture, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, March 25-27, 1997..
MEMBERSHIP OF COMMITTEES AND SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES:
Societies and professional groups:
1. Entomological Society of America
2. Entomological Society of Egypt
3. Arab Plant Protection Society
4. Saudi Society of Agriculture Sciences
5. Saudi Society of Biological Sciences
- Member, Council of Plant Protection Dept. from 28/12/1416 Till now.
- Member, Council of Agriculture Experiment and Research Station for two years ( 1417 and 1418 H ).
- Chairman Assistant, Council of Plant Protection Department, Academic Year 1418/1419 and 1419/1420 H.
- Member of the College of food and Agricultural sciences council, King Saud University. Academic Year 1427/1427 H.
- Member, Examiner’s Committee for Graduate Student, First Semester 1417/1418 H.
- Member, Examiner’s Committee for Graduate Student, First Semester 1418/1419 H.
- Member of the Chemical Committee that Branched from the Agricultural Committee of the Trading and Industry Room in Riyadh from 1417 to 1421 H.
- Chairman of the Cultural Committee in Agriculture College, King Saud University, Riyadh in the Academic Year 1419/1420 H.
- Chairman of the Cultural Committee in Agriculture College, King Saud University, Riyadh in the Academic Year 1420/1421 H.
- Academic advisory. Plant Protection Dept. 1996 till now.
University and Community Service:
- Several articles published in local newspapers and magazines (16 articles).
- Member, The Agriculture Chemical Committee at the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce & Industry. From 1417 to 1421.
- Talk on Saudi TV in a program focused in the environmental issues year 2001.
- Talk on Saudi TV in the program “ Health and Food “ year 2001
- Lecture on “Safe use of pesticides” Annual workshop. Arab Urban Development Institute. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia , 25/11/2000 G.
- Pubic lecture on “ Safe use of pesticides” . City of Al-Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2000.
- Participated in the First Farmer Meeting at the City of Al-Kharj, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 22/11/1420 H.
- Part time consultant at FAMA Company since 2001 till now.
- Lecture on the first Annual workshop in Date palms. ”Pests of Date palms “. Hail, Saudi Arabia, 1/8/1422.
- Evaluation of grant projects from KACST.