DR. MOSHALLEH AL-MORAEKHI
1. Personal Data:
§ Date and place of birth: 22/12/1959, Mabayidh, Saudi Arabia.
§ Nationality: Saudi Arabian.
§ Marital Status: Married.
§ Address: Dept. of Archaeology & Museology, College of Arts, P.O. Box 2456, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia.
§ B. A. in Archaeology, King Saud University, 1986.
§ M A in Islamic Archaeology, University of Manchester, 13/12/1990.
§ Ph. D in Islamic Archaeology, University of Manchester, 8/2/1996.
3. Career History:
§ Teaching Assistant, Department of Archaeology, College of Arts, King Saud University, 22/7/1407 A.H.
§ Assistant Professor, Dept. of Archaeology & Museology, King Saud University, 27/12/1416 A.H.
§ Associate Professor, Dept. of Archaeology & Museology, King Saud University, 26/11/1422 A.H.
§ General Specialization: Islamic Archaeology.
§ Minute Specialization: Islamic Writings and Papyri
4. Published papers and scientific activites:
1. Participation in king Saud University excavations (Qaryat al-Fau and al-Rabadhah), 1986.
2. M.A thesis entitled, “some Early Arabic Papyri from John Rylands University Library”, Manchester University, 1990.
3. PhD thesis entitled “A Critical and Analytical Study of Some Early Islamic Inscriptions from Madinah Region, Saudi Arabia”, University of Manchester, 1995.
4. Co-author with Prof. Rex Smith (Manchester University) in a book dealing with a study of some Islamic papyri from John Rylands University Library, Manchester, United Kingdom.
5. Co-author with others to publish a book on the archaeology of Madinah. The publication is part of a series of books which will be published by the Directorate of Antiquities.
6. Participation in king Saud University excavations (al-Rabadhah), 1997.
7. Participated in the symposium on Arabic Calligraphy arranged by the High Commission for the development of Riyadh. I presented a paper on the earliest dated Arabic inscription. 1999.
8. “Ragosh inscription at Al-Hijir (Madain Salih): a new perspective” GCC Through Ages, vol. 1, pp. 31-71, Dhu Alhijah 1419 A.H/April 1999. The paper was presented in the first conference of the GCC Society for History and Archaeology.
9. “A new perspective to explain mirror writing phenomenon of Arabic calligraphy”, Al-Darah, under publication, 2000.
10. “Roots and developmental stages of the Arabic alphabet: a new perspective”, Journal of the Faculty of Archaeology, Cairo University, under publication, 2000.
11. “An Ottoman foundation stone from Al-Gala’a Quarter at Al-Qateef dated to year 1039 A.H”, Ages, under publication.
12. “The memorial inscription of Wail bin Al-Gazaz dated to year 410 A.D”, a paper presented in the third conference of the GCC Society for History and Archaeology in Muscat, Oman, 24th – 27th April 2001.
13. Presented a lecture on “Islamic coins and its stages of development” during the session of Islamic coins arranged by Al-Faysal Institute for the development of human resources, 11-15th Sha’ban 1422 A.H.
14. Participation in the fourth conference of the GCC Society for History and Archaeology held in Sharqah, UAE, 3rd – 5th Safar 1423 A.H.
5. Membership of scientific committees:
- Member of the Saudi Historical Society
- Member of the Saudi Society for Archaeological Studies.
- Member of the GCC Society for History and Archaeology.
- Member of the Arab Historian Society.
- Member of the society of Arabian Studies.
- Member of the Egyptian Society for Historical studies.
- Member of the Saudi Historical Society
- Member of ARAM Society, United Kingdom.
- Member of the Society of Arab Archaeologists.
6. Administrative Activities:
A. On Departmental level:
- Reporter of Ginadriyah Committee.
- Reporter of the examination committee.
- Member of exchanged student and care of brilliant students.
- Member of the Museum Committee.
- Member and reporter of the Department of Archaeology and Museum council.
B. On College level:
1. Member of the College Committee for seeing the needs of the College for lectures and teaching assistants.
2. Representative of the Department in the college Committee in charge of the College’s annual report.
3. Member of the preparatory committee for the fourth International Symposium on history of Arabia.
4. Member of the preparatory committee for the fifth International Symposium on history of Arabia.
5. Member of the College Research centre, college of Arts.
C. On University level:
1. Member of the University Committee authorized for preparation of the University participation in Ginadriyah Festivals for Culture and Heritage.
2. Member of the University Committee authorized for the University participation in the centennial of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
7. Consultations and Community Service:
1. Supervision of the survey of king Abdul Aziz route from Riyadh to Kuwait, King Abdul Aziz Darat project on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia centennial.
2. Reporter of the Gallery of the Kingdom’s Unification, in the National Museum and member of the scientific team.
3. Representative of King Saud University in the committee authorized by His Royal Highness the Ministerof Interior to inspect the archaeological site of wadi Satar in Khulais Province (Makka al-Mukarramah Governorate).
4. Part-time consultant of culture and heritage program, of the High Commission of Tourism.
5. Member of the team accompanying guests of the seventh International Forum on energy.
6. Member of the team accompanying guests of the Furosiyah exhibition arranged by King Abdul Aziz Public Library.