LECTURE: DENTAL CARIES
1. Discuss briefly the secondary factors that cause dental caries.
2. List the advantages of using temporizing carious teeth as a preventive measure from dental caries, and name the dental materials that we could use.
3. Compare between rampant caries and early childhood dental caries in terms of:
b. Clinical pictures
4. How frequent do you apply fluoride for patient with:
a. Extensive dental caries
b. Moderate dental caries
c. No or incipient dental caries
5. List factors that you should consider before prescribing systemic fluoride.
6. How much is the level of caries reduction do we get from using:
a. Systemic fluoride
b. Fluoridated toothpaste
c. Fluoridated mouth rinse
d. Fluoride varnish
LECTURE: PSYCHOLOGICAL BEHAVIOR OF DENTAL CHILD PATIENTS
1. List the variables that affect the child’s behavior in the dental office.
2. List the contraindication of using hand-over-mouth technique as a management technique for child’s behavior in the dental office.
3. Discuss the behavioral management techniques by domain.
4. Write briefly the concept of parent’s separation during treatment of child’s dental patient.
5. List the types of misbehaved child dental patients and causes of misbehaving in the dental office.
LECTURE: PSYCHOLOGICAL BEHAVIOR OF DENTAL CHILD PATIENTS (DENTAL ASSISTING DIPLOMA PROGRAM)
1. What is functional inquiry and its objectives and ways of obtaining it?
2. List the role of the Dental Assistant with regards to management of dental behavior of child dental patient:
a. Before dental appointment
b. During dental appointment
3. List three ways of managing dental behavior of the child patient.
LECTURE: ORAL HABITS
1. What are the symptoms of active digit habit?
2. List the sequence of treatment approach of digit habits.
3. Name the appliances that could be used to stop the digit habits of the child.
4. At what age the dentist should start treating child with digit habit and what is the most important factor that dentist should be aware of before starting the treatment?
5. List the causes of bruxism and the sequence of treatment.
6. Which of the following habits could create open bite and who could maintain it?
a. Digit habit
b. Lip sucking
c. Mouth breathing
d. Tongue thrust
LECTURE: DEVELOPMENT AND MORPHOLOGY OF THE PRIMARY TEETH
1. What are the abnormality that could happen to the teeth in case of any disturbance during:
a. Initiation stage
b. Proliferation stage
c. Histodifferentiation stage
d. Morphodifferentiation stage
2. List the difference in size and morphology of the primary and permanent teeth pulp chambers.
3. Write the sequence of calcification of primary teeth and the first permanent molar.
4. List the morphological differences between primary and permanent teeth that you should consider before doing class II amalgam restoration on primary molars.