Saeed A. AL REFAEE
D.O.B. 12/ 02/ 1956
Place of Birth: TAIF, Saudi Arabia
Husband & Farther
Address: P.O. Box 123
Tele.: ++966 505 49 27 95
Fax: ++966 1 467-4852
General education 1960-1973, TAIF
Bachelor Degree ( BA) From Imam Mohammed Bin Saud Islamic Univ. Riyadh.
Duration of Study: 1993/94- 1997-97.
Master Degree (MA) From San Francisco State University, USA., Jan., 1985.
Major: Physical Education
Title of MA Thesis “A Comparison of Selected Physical Performances
By Urban and Rural Male Adolescents of Desert-Like and Mountainous Area in Saudi Arabia”.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) From Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, Jan., 1992.
Major: Physical Education, Measurement and Evaluation, with emphasis on the Psycho-physiological Aspects of Human Performance.
Title of Ph.D. Dissertation “The Effect of Acute Heat Stress and Caffeine on Fractionated Simple and Choice Reaction Time in Response to Visual Stimulus”.
-Research Administrator, Ministry of Interior, Department of Provinces, 1997-85.
-Lecturer at King Saud University, College of Education, 1985-92.
-Assistant Professor, King Saud University, 1992 – 2008.
Associate Professor, King Saud University, 2008 – date.
-Acting Chairman of the Physical Education and Movement Science Department, 1992-1993
-Chairman of the Physical Education and Movement Science Department, 1994-98.
-Dean of the College of Physical Education and Sports, Ministry of Education, 2000-03.
-General Director of King Fahad Academy, Bonn, Germany, 2004-06.
-Manager of King Fahad Academy, Bonn, Germany, 2004-07.
-Vice President of the Saudi Cycling Federation, and Chairman of the Executive Committee, 1992-95.
- Chairman of the Saudi Cycling Federation Committee, 1995-02.
-President of the Saudi Cycling Federation 2000-04.
-Member of the Saudi Olympic Committee, 1995-2000.
-Member of the Research and Study Committee in the Saudi Federation of Sports Medicine, 1993-98.
-Member and Vice Chairman of the Scientific Committee in the Saudi Physical Education and Sports Federation, 1992-98.
-Chairman of the Scientific Committee in the Saudi Physical Education and Sports Federation, 1998-2000.
- Member of Sports and Youth Development Committee the Kingdom, 2002-03.
- Member of Society of Saudi Teachers, Ministry of Education, 2000-01.
-Member of the Physical Fitness Test Development for the Armed Forces 1999-01.
-Member of the National Committee for Physical Fitness in the Kingdom and Member of the GCC Society for Physical Fitness, 1998-2001.
-Member of the Unification of the Requirements for the BA Degree Committee in PE in the GCC Countries.
-Member of the Graduate Study Committee, in the Department.
-Member of Human Resource Committee, in the Department.
-Member and later chairman for two terms in the TAs and Lecturers Committee in the College.
-Member of the Students Review Committee, in the College.
-Member of the BA Curriculum Development Committee for the College of Physical Education and Sports.
-Member of the Diploma Degree Development Committee in the Teachers’ Colleges.
-Member of the American Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation And Dance (AAHPERD) since 1984.
-Member of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) since 1988.
-Member of the European College of Sports Sciences (ECSS) since 2007.
-Associate member of the Saudi Federation of Sports Medicine, since 1993.
-Associate member of the Saudi Federation of Physical Education and Sports since 1992.
REASERCH AND STUDIES
The effect of Acute Heat Stress and Caffeine on Fractional Simple and Choice Reaction Time in Response to Visual Stimulus. Submitted to the Annual Meeting of The American College of Sport Medicine, 1992 , 24(5) Ab.
- Physiological and Echocardiography Correlation in Young Swimmers: Treadmill vs Arm Ergometer. (co-author)
- Energy Demands and fluids Loss During Youth Soccer. In Proceeding of the 1st Asian Congress on Science and Football, 1988. ((co-author)
- Anaerobic Power in Trained Adolescent Boys: Swimmers vs Soccer Players (Abst. Submitted to the American College of Sport Medicine, Vol. 29(5). 1997. (co-author)
- Development of Maximal Aerobic Power and pulmonary Ventilation in Saudi Boys. Proceeding of the 2nd Congress of the European College of Sport Sciences, Copenhagen, Den., Aug. 1997. (co-author )
- Maximal Cardio respiratory Responses of Adolescent Boys in Relation to Skeletal Maturation. Abst. Submitted to the Annual Meeting of the American College of Sport Medicine, 1988, 30(5), 305. (co-author).
- Cardio Dimensions in Trained adolescent Boys Are Not Different from Control. 4th Int. Olympics Committee World Congress on Sport Sciences, Monte-carlo, Monaco, 2 , Oct. 1997.co-author.
- Cardio respiratory Responses of Trained Boys tp Treadmill and Arm Agro meter: Effect of Trained Specificity. Pediatric Exer. Science. 1988, 10(3), 264-276. co-author.
- Perceptual Responses of Male Adolescent Soccer Players and Swimmers During Graded Treadmill and Arm Ergo meter Testing. The Saudi Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. (10), No.1, 2008.
- Physical Activity Profile of Saudi Adult Males: Applicant for Health. Saudi medical Journal, 2001, Vol. 22(9), 784-789. First- author.
- Differentiated Perception of Exertion and Energy Cost of Lean and Obese Boys While Carrying Loads. (Abst.) Med. Sciences in Sport & Ex. 2001,33(5) s 279.
- Aerobics and anaerobic Power Characteristics of Saudi Elite Soccer Players. J. Sport Med. & Physical Fitness, 2001, 14(45-61). (Co-author).