Name : Dr. Nabila A. A. AL-Jaber
Permanent Address : Dept. of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, King Saud University,
P.O.Box:22452, Riyadh 11452 . E-mail : dr.naj1423@ gmail.com
Phone No. (01) 4875447, Ext:1263
Education : B.Sc.Science (Chemistry and Education)1983 , Girls College.
M. Sc,.. King Saud University. Kingdom of Saudia Arabia, 1990, Organic Chemistry, Natural product
Title of Thesis: Chemical Constituents of Some Chenopodiaceae Plants Grown in Saudi Arabia
Ph.D : King Saud University. Kingdom of Saudia Arabia, 2003, Organic Chemistry, Natural product.
Title of Thesis: Chemical Study On Some Leguminous Plants.
2003- present: Assistant Prof., Dept. of Chemistry, KSU
1991-2003 : Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry, KSU
1985-1991 : معيد Dept. of Chemistry, KSU.
1983-1985 : Teacher, Ministry of Definition , Al-abnaa school / secondary .
Area of Interests : Natural Products, Heterocyclic Compounds, Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds
Teaching graduate and undergraduate Students in Chemistry Department grails section, King Saud University
- Basic principles of Organic Chemistry.
- General Organic Chemistry.
- Natural Products.
- Organic Mechanisms.
- Heterocyclic Chemistry.
Conferences and Meetings Attended :
1. First National Symposium on Material Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (29 Dec., 1st, 1998).
2. International Conference on Chemistry and Industry, Future Trends for the third millennium, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Dec. 1, 2005).
3. 1st Scientific Meeting at Girls Edu. College, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (1 May, 2006).
4. Conference of University- Private Sector Partnership in Research & Development, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (3, 1426 / 2005.)
5. Alternative Medicine and Herbal Treatment Conference,( oct, 02, .2005.
6. The Workshop " Nano Research at University ; The road Toward Fulfilling the Vision of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosqus. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (28-29/10/2007)
Academic and Research Activities
- Academic director for undergraduate and graduate students in the -department.
- Organizer of higher graduate studies in chemistry Department, 2003- present.
- Representative of Chemistry Department at National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment. (2007-2009), King Saud University.
- Contribution in two internally work shops in chemistry department grails section, KSU.
- Evaluation of research to be sponsored by (KACST).
- Membership, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, 2003-present.
Research projects supported by King Abdulaziz city for science and technology for my PhD and M.Sc. researches.
Research projects supported by King Abdulaziz city for science and technology for Postgrad. Students ( 1 in Natural Products; 1 in Synthesis of Heterocycles)..
1) Publications : 10 Scientific papers in National and International Journals
2) Supervision Ms.C.
Supervision (3) students Co-supervised(4) students
List of Dissertation Co-supervised (Ms.C)
*Supervision #External Examiner
¨ *Synthesis of Some Flavonoids using different catalysis, Fatima Al-Zahrani, M.Sc, King Saud University, 1428/2007.
# Synthesis and study of some quinoxaline derivatives. Fatma Al Asmary,
M.Sc., KSU, Shaaban, 1928-29.
1- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Hassan M. Al-hazimi and Ola A. El-Sayed, Flavonoids From Tephrosia Apollina, J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 6(1), 83-88, (2002).
2- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Tasneem G. Mujahid and Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Pentacyclic Triterpenoids from Cornulaca monacantha, Jour. Chem. Soc. Pak.;13(1), 53-56, (1991).
3- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Tasneem G. Mujahid and Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Flavonoids from Atriplex Farinosa, J.king saud univ.,3(2),163-167, (1991).
4- Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, and M. Rafiq H. Siddiqui, Phenolic Compounds from Tephrosia Plants (Leguminosae), Review Article II, J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 9(3), 597-622, (2006).
5- Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Phenolic Compounds from Glycyrrhiza Plants (Leguminosae), J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 9(2), 347-380, (2005).
6- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Tasneem G. Mujahid and Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Secondary Metabolites of Chenopodiaceace Species, Jour. Chem. Soc. Pak.;14(1), 76-84, (1991).
7- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Nusrat M. Abed and Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Chemical Study On The Branches and Seeds of Anagyris foetida, J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 6(3), 517-546, (2002).
8- Hassan M. Al-Hazimi, Nabila A. A. Al-jaber Phenolic Compounds from Glycyrrhiza Plants (Leguminosae,) Review Article I, J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 9(2), 347-380, (2005).
9- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Hassan M. Al-hazimi, Flvonoids From Lagonychim Farctum (Leguminosae), J. Saudi, Chem, Soc; 8(2), 307-312, (2004).
10- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Chemical Constituants of Hammada Elegans (Bunge) Botsch and Their Antimicrobial Activitias, Az. J. , Nat. Prod.; 10(11), 31-38, (2006).
11- Nabila A. A. Al-jaber, Biological Activity OF Chenopodium mural L. (Forssk) and its Flavonoidal Contents, (sent for publication).