Iqbal Zahoureddin Mirza Abed Turkistani (Mrs)
Po Box: 89381
Tel +966 1 4683033
2005 : Subspecialty Certificate in Urogynaecology, UK
1990 : Arab Board qualification examination in the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
1985 : MRCOG Part I (First Attempt). Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK
1983 : MBBS with Honors Degree.
12/03-10/05 : Clinical Fellow (Subspecialty Fellowship Training program)in
Urogynaecology at University College London Hospitals (UCLH) & Basildon University Hospital, United Kingdom.
09/02-12/03 : Clinical Attachment, Urogynaecology units at the Basildon University Hospital and UCLH
07/93-08/02 : Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) in King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
05/91-Present : Assistant Professor, KKUH, King Saud University
11/90-07/93 : Senior Registrar, (OB/GYN) in KKUH
11/87-11/90 : Registrar, OB/GYN in KKUH
03/88-03/89 : Residency training in OB/GYN (combined job) for one year in Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, UK
01/86-02/87 : Elective training for MRCOG Part II Examination requirements at KKUH as Senior House Officer (6 months in General Surgery, 3 months in Neonatology and 3 months in Anaesthesia).
10/84-11/87 : Clinical Demonstrator at the Senior House Officer level in King Khalid University Hospital. KKUH is one of the two University Hospitals of King Saud University in Riyadh. This is an 800-bed general teaching hospital with 65 beds in OB/GYN conducting about 3,800 deliveries per year.
07/83-07/84 : Internship in KKUH, King Saud University, Riyadh in General Surgery, General Medicine, Paediatrics and OB/GYN (3 months in each).
Symposia / Courses attended:
· The International Symposium on Clinical Risk Management in Obstetrics & Gynaecolog Security Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (5 - 6 Nov, 2007).
· The 37th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society, Rotterdam, the Netherlands (August 20-24, 2007).
· The 35th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society, Palais De Congres de Montreal, Quebec, Canada (August 31st to September 2nd,2005 ).
· The Urodynamic Bristol Course at St Mary's Hospital, London, UK
(13th - 16th June, 2005).
· ICS UK, 12th Annual Scientific Meeting in Glascow, Scotland , UK (31st March
& 1st April,2005).
· 1st European Master Class on Botulinum Toxin for the Overactive Bladder , one day course held at the Institute of Neurology, University College London (October 6, 2004).
· Joint Meeting of the International Continence Society and the International Urogynaecological Association (ICS-IUGA) in Paris-Palais des Congres, France (August 23 -27, 2004).
· Professional Practice in Promoting Continence, ICS UK 11 Annual Scientific Meeting in Bournmouth, UK ((March 18 -19, 2004).
· Complications in Gynaecological Surgery, Prevention and Management, Joint BSGE / RCOG Meeting (8th & 9th October, 2002).
· "Update 2001": Department of CME at Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, USA (April 20 - 21 2001).
· Attended the third International Symposium on "Recent Advances in Obstetrics & Gynaecology" at Riyadh Armed Forces Hospital (14 -16 October 1998).
· Symposium on "Obstetric Emergencies" in King Khalid University Hospital, Riyadh (23 -24 March 1998).
· Symposium on "Diabetes in Pregnancy" in King Fahad National Guard Hospital, Riyadh (20 -21 November 1995).
· "Senior Registrar & Registrar Conference" in the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London (28 -30 November 1991).
· Symposium on "Advances in Obstetrics & Gynaecology" in KKUH (27- 28 October 1991).
· "Advanced Course for Obstetricians and Gynaecologists" held at Queen Charlotte Hospital London (4 -7 October 1988).
· Symposium on "The Progress in the Treatment of Infertility" held at King Faisal Specialist Hospital, Riyadh (March 12 -13, 1989).
· Symposium on "Gynaecological Cancer in Saudi Arabia" held at KKUH (January 1987).
· Selected as the 'Best Resident of the Year', twice, in 1985 and 1987.
· Joined the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course in Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support, held at KKUH (December 1986).
· Secretary of the Department Board of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
· Member of the Statistics Committee in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and several other committees organized by the Department.
· Coordinator of the Residency Training Programme in OB/GYN at KKUH, Member of the Morbidity and Mortality Review Committee, KKUH. Member of the Promotion.
· Committee at the OB/GYN Department. Member of the International Continence Society. (ICS office, Bristol, U.K.)
· Paravaginal Cystic Tumour Secondary to Schistosoma Haematobium Infestation (A Case Report) .
· Central Retinal Artery Occlusion associated with severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, published in the 'European Journal of Ophthalmology', 2001.
· A study on Maternal Complications & Fetal Outcome in Unbooked Mothers; Comparison between a Rural and a University Setting.
· Assessment of different Modalities of Osteoporosis Prevention on Bone Mass, Bone Tumour and Fracture Rate among Asymptomatic Postmenopausal Women.
· Characteristics and outcome of cases of Breech presentation at KKUH, Riyadh.
· Determinants of Caesarean section in Breech presentation at KKUH, Riyadh (unpublished)
· A study on Premature Rupture of Fetal Membranes at KKUH titled "Should infants born after premature rupture of membranes investigated and treated for infection". This study was accepted for presentation in the symposium on "Feto-maternal Morbidity and Mortality" held at the Security Forces Hospital in Riyadh on 8-9 March 1987.
· A study on "Maternal Mortality at Riyadh Central Hospital in 1978-1981". This was a research project as a medical student for the subject of Community Medicine.