Name Nadia Abdul-Aziz Al-Eisa
Current Address Sections of Medical & Sciences Studies for Women Students
P.O.Box 22452, Riyadh 11495, Saudi Arabia
Permanent Address P.O.Box 18197, Riyadh 11415, Saudi Arabia
Telephone 00966 1 4789585 ext. 1511 (Office)
00966 1 4767296 (Department Secretary)
00966 1 4786031 (Fax)
Education / Qualifications
1980 B.Sc. in Science and Education [Excellent with Honor degree] / Zoology Department / Girl’s College of Education, Riyadh
1985-1989 Studying for M.Sc. degree:
Topic: Reproductive Physiology
Thesis Title: "The Effects of Lindane (HCH) on the Physiology of Reproduction in Rats"
Practical Work: Studying Puberty, fertility in male and female rats, pregnancy and parturition, using the Radioimmunoassay (RIA) for the estimation of some plasma reproductive hormones: Testosterone, Progesterone, LH, and FSH.
Supervisor: Prof. Zinat Hassan Ali
1989 M.Sc. / Zoology Department / Collage of Science / King Saud University, Riyadh
1996-2001 Studying for the PhD:
Topic: Reproductive biology
Thesis Title: “Identification and characterization of human sperm proteins involved in gamete fusion”
Supervisor: Prof. Harry David Moore
2001 PhD in Reproductive Biology / Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Department / School of Pure Science / University of Sheffield, UK
Employment and Appointments
1980-1983 Biology teacher: intermediate and secondary schools in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1983-1989 Demonstrator: Zoology Department / Faculty of Science / King Saud University, Riyadh
1989-2001 Lecturer: Zoology Department / Faculty of Science / King Saud University, Riyadh
1995-1996 Head of academic advisory committee: faculty of Sciences / Sciences and Medical Departments for girls.
2001- up to date Assistant professor: Zoology Department / Faculty of Science/ King Saud University, Riyadh
2002- 2005 Deputy head of zoology Department / Faculty of Science/ King Saud University, Riyadh
2007 – up to date Director of Research Centre in Departments of Sciences & Medical Studies for Women Students
Training courses and Workshops
- “Electron Microscopy, TEM and SEM”
29/6 – 4/7/2002 in Central Laboratory, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- “DNA Sequencing”
6 –10/7/2002 in Central Laboratory, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- “Genetics 2002 Workshop”
2 - 4/11/2002 in Genetics Department, Research Centre, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
11/12/2002 by Proteomics Unit, Reproductive and Developmental Medicin Department, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
- “Licensure & Accreditation in Higher Education”
25/4/2004 by National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- The 3rd Symposium – self Assessment and Quality Assurance Centres in Higher Education Institutions "Structure, Role and Responsibilities"
21/12/2004 by National Commission for Academic Accreditation & Assessment, King Faisal Hall, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- "Developing of Presentation's Skills"
11 – 13 /10/2004 by Institute of public Administration, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- “Stem Cells Research - Ethical Issues”
25/9/2002 by National Committee of Bio. & Med. Ethics in King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- “Who Owns Genes…?”
1/10/2003 by National Committee of Bio. & Med. Ethics in King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- “Recent Advances in Reproductive Medicine”
27-28/4/2004 by Academic Affairs & Postgraduate Education, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- “Innovations in Public Administration: The Malaysian Experience”
28 /12/1425 – 8/2/2005 by Institute of public Administration, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Fertility Societies’ Annual Conference
16 – 18 / 7 / 1997 in York, UK
- British Fertility Society, Annual Conference
15 – 17 / 4 / 1998 in Sheffield, UK
- “Annual Conference of the Society for the study of Fertility”
5 – 7 / 7 / 1999 in Aberystwyth, UK
- Fertility 2000, Joint Meeting
16 – 18 / 7 / 2000 in Edinburgh, UK
- “VIIth International Congress of Andrology”
15 – 19 / 6 / 2001 in Montreal, Canada
- “Twin-Meeting Alpha-Andrology 2003”
24 – 27 / 9 / 2003 in Antwerp, Belgium
- "Arab Lab – The Expo 2005"
31/1 – 3/2/2005 in Dubai International Exhibition Centre, UAE
1. "The Effects of Lindane on Some Reproductive Aspects in Male Rats", Program and Abstracts of the 12th Annual Meeting of the Saudi Biological Society, Riyadh, Dec. 1989.
2. "The Effects of Lindane on Puberty and Pregnancy in Female Rats", Program and Abstracts of the 12th Annual Meeting of the Saudi Biological Society, Riyadh, Dec. 1989.
3. “The characterization of specific epitopes of the inner acrosomal and equatorial membranse of the human spermatozoa”, Journal of Reproduction and Fertility, Abstract series, No.23, 56, p25, July-1999.
4. “Characterization of human sperm antigens exposed after the acrosome reaction that may participate in gamete fusion” Andrology in the 21st Century, Proceedings of the VIIth International Congress of Andrology,
Montreal (Canada), p89-94, 15-19 June-2001.