Nada Yousef Al-Rabiah
2008 Ph. D. Early Childhood Education Department, Penn State University.
1994 M. Ed., Secondary school counseling, Penn State University.
1982 BA, English Literature, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2010—Now-----Assistant professor at King Saud University
2009-2010 Trainer at in a model kindergarten
2005—2006 Principal of a model kindergarten
2001—2005 Teacher in a model kindergarten
1990—2001 Supervisor /kindergarten
1984—1990 English teacher/ kindergarten
1982—1984 English teacher, middle school
- "Young Ambassador of the Kingdom: Citizenship Program" Received a document of appreciation from the Archaeology Department in the Ministry the Information. 1991— present.
- "Mother Earth" program starting from preschool classes to KG-12 about caring for the environment. 1992 — present
- "How to help your child love reading" A campaign for having children and kids hooked on reading 1995—present
- Chosen as an educator to supervise and participate in planning and editing a children's TV program.1998
- “L.A.S.T.I.N.G LOVE” An eight week seminar on, better marital and parenting relationships (once/ week). 1997—2006, conducted successfully 8 times.
- Utilizing Play Therapy technique in the ECE classroom, 1995—present
- Peace and Moral education, 2001—present
§ 8 lectures for the teachers about effective communication1992
§ "Mother Earth"1992. Campaign about recycling and preservation 1992
- Depicting Beauty Around Us (a lecture about celebrating diversity) 1992
- "The Guest" A lecture about the Newborn child and his needs 1994
- Participated in Organizing a summer camp in Asrary schools 1996
- Child's identity formation for Erick Erickson co-work 1997
- Play therapy "Documented with a real experience through video"1999 (3 times)
- Behavioral Management 2004 A lecture in a public library
- Sibling without rivalry 2005; a lecture.
- Participated in the translation for the materials and the presentations with CRAN seminar about "Preschoolers Personal Safety" Trainers training program. Conducted May 28-June1 by consultant Lois Engelberecht from CRAN 2005
- How can you help your child love reading? 1995-2006 Repeated many times in different schools
- Magic wand in Discipline; a lecture for public 2006
- “Peace and Moral Education” a two-day workshop which helped alleviate 80% -90% of classrooms’ daily conflict. Presented 6 time in 6 different schools 2004—present
- Child-observation lecture at King Saud University 2010
- “Theraplay” workshop at Teachers’ Training Center 2010
Some of Conferences & workshops attended:(& more)
o Parenting Conference, State College Pennsylvania 1994
o Leadership Conference, State College Pennsylvania 1994
o Partnership with parents, Cyprus 1994
o TARA conference, Bahrain 1996
o ECE first conference, Kuwait 1998
o Women as Leaders Bahrain 2006
o "How to deal with difficult discipline problems Alberta Canada 1995
o S.T.E.P. Systematic training for effective parenting Riyadh 1996
o Two certificates in Montessori training
o National Association of Young Children Conference, Atlanta 2006
o Early childhood Teacher Education Conference, Pittsburgh 2007
o Play Therapy Conference, Hollywood 2007
o Certified trainer training 2010
o “Cort” Training 2010
o Over 12 workshops at King Saud University since I started working there.
Distinguished teacher award in Riyadh Saudi Arabia 1993
1. 21 issues of a weekly periodical (Ghadi) in our Kindergarten, editor
2. Parents' guide for helping their children to be hooked on reading "Start Reading at Home"
3. Saved By Observation, a book based on Ph D dissertation.