Prof. Abdullah A.I. Al-Bassam
Nationality : Saudi
Date of birth : December 25, 1959
Academic qualifications :
1) B.A., B.Sc King Saud University - College of Science Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2) PhD School of Applied Physics And Electronics Durham university Durham City - England
Ph.D Acquiring Date : 18-04-1988 A.D.
Ph.D Thesis Title :
“CdSe and Cd1-x Znx Se Single Crystal Photovoltaic Devices”.
Semiconductor and Solar energy materials, Photovoltnic Solar Energy, Renewable Energy and Environmental.
Employment and Administrative History:
1) Professor, Department physics, King Saud University, 2001- Present , Saudi Arabia.
2) Visiting Professor, in Renewable energy, (NERL) Institute, Colorado, USA, 2000.
3) Associate Professor, Physics Department, College of Science, King Saud University From 1994 – 2001.
4) Assistant Professor, Physics Department, College of Science, King Saud University From 1988 -1994.
5) Short Course in Solar Energy, SERL, Colorado, USA, 1982.
6) Graduate Student, University of Durham, England from 21-09-1983 to 06-09-1988.
7) Demonstrator, Physics Department, King Saud University, From 24-07-1982 to 20-09-1983.
1) British Association Crystal Growth Conference., Brighten, September 24-27, 1985 (Paper).
2) World Renewable Energy Congress - VI Brighton, U.K., 1-7 July,2000 (Paper).
3) The 7th Arab International Solar energy Conference 19th-22nd February 2001, Sharjah, UA.
4) The World Renewable energy Congress ViL- Cologne- Germany. 29 June 2002.
5) P.V. in Europe from PV Technology to energy Solution Conference and exhibition Roma, Italy, 7-11 October 2002.
6) The 8th International Solar energy and applied Photochemistry Conference. (ENPO’OS). Luxor, Egypt 2-2-2005.
7) 20th European Photovoltaic Solar energy Conference and Exhibition 6-10 June 2005, Barcelona, Spain.
8) The 9th International Conference Solar energy and applied Photochemistry, [Solar06]. January 22-26 2006, Cairo, Egypt.
9) The world Renewable energy congress X – Scotland, England 2008
10) 23rd European photovoltaic solar energy conference and Exhibition, Valencia, Spain, 2008.
11) 5th congress of scientific research outlook in the arab world-scientific Innovation and sustained Development FeZ, Morocco, 2008.
1) Member of the committee cultural in the Physics Department From 1989-1993.
2) Member of the committee graduate studies from 1989-1993 & 1996 - until now.
3) Member and the Coordinator of the committee of the cultural in the Physics Department from 1991-1993.
4) Member of the committee Plans and Curriculum in the Physics Department – present (1994).
A: Text Book
1) A. A. AL-Bassam Renewable Energy, A text book, Dar Al-Kheraijy, Publishing Company, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1420 H, 2000, (In Arabic).
2) A. A. AL-Bassam, Physics for Science (Electric – Magnetic – Modern Physics), A text book, Dar Ibn Nafisa, Publishing Company, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1417 H, 1997, (In Arabic)
1) Al-Bassam, A., Brinkman, A., Russell, G. and Woods, J. “Growths and properties of (ZnCd) Se Single Crystals.” 1985 British Association Crystal Growth Conference. Brighten, September 24-27.
2) Al-Bassam, A., Brinkman, A., Russel, G. and Woods, J. “Electrical properties of Znx Cd1-x Se (x<0.45)”, J. of Crystal Growth 86, (1988), 667-672.
3) A.A.I. Al-Bassam, Schottky barriers on Zinc Cadmium Selenide alloys (Znx Cd1-x Se) with x = 0.85 and x = 0.93”. The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering Volume 15, No.2B (1990), 367-372.
4) A.M. Al-Dhafiri, A.A.I. Al-Bassam, and A.A. Al-Jaffali, “Influence of Laser etching on the surface preparation of Cadmium Sulphide Schottky barrier., Can. J. Phys. Vol. 71, 1993, 1272-1278.
5) A.A.I. Al-Bassam, “Deep levels on Zinc Cadmium Selenide Alloys”J. King Saud University, Vol.5, Science (2), pp. 199-159 (A.H. 1413/1993).
6) A.A.I. Al-Bassam and A.M. Al-Dhafiri, “Crystallographic and Optical absorption characterization of CdSx Se1-x alloys for 0x1”. Journal of Crystal Growth 134 (1993) 60-66 North Holland.
7) A.A.I. Al-Bassam, A.A. Al-Jaffali and A.M. Al-Dhafiri, “Structure and Lattice Parameters of Cadmium Sulphide Selenide (CdSx Se1-x) mixed crystals”.
8) A.M. Al-Dhafiri, A.A.I. Al-Bassam, “The mechanism of the oxygen annealing in gold surface barriers on CdSx Se1-x devices” (Accepted for publication in Solar Energy, Materials and Solar Cells, 33(1994).
9) A.A.I. Al-Bassam “Properties of CuIn1-x Gax Se2 Thin Films” J. King Saud University, Vol.10, Science (2), pp.141-152 (A.H. 1418/1998).
10) A.A.I. Al-Bassam“Grain size and conductivity of CuIn1-x Gax Se films” J. Material Chemistry and Physics 53 (1998) 1-5.
11) A.A. Al-bassam, “Photoconductivity and defect levels in Znx Cd1-x Se with (x=0.5, 0.55) crystals”, J. Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 57(1999) 323-329.
12) A.A. Al-bassam, “Electro deposition of CuInSe2 thin films and their characteristics”. Physica B (Condensed Matter) B 266 (1999) 192-197.
13) A.A. Al-bassam“Lattice parameters and optical absorption of CuIn1-x Gax Se2 thin films” Can. J. of Physics, Volume 77, No.7, July 1999 pp. 505-513.
14) A.A. Al-bassam“X-ray analysis and band gap measurement of Cu In1-x Gax Se2 films”J. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 62(2000) 175-178 (1999).
15) A.A. Al-Bassam, "Schottky barriers in Cd1-x Znx Se Mixed Crystals with x=0.5 and x=0.55" World Renewable Energy Congress - V1, Brighton, U.K. 1-7 July, 2000.
16) A.A. Al-Bassam.X-ray analysis, and optical absorption characterization of Cu In Ga Se (CIS) films. The 7th Arab international solar energy conference 2001, Sharjah. U.A.
17) A.A. Al-Bassam. X-ray diffraction analysis, and band gap of Cu In Ga Se films The world Renewable energy congress. Vil-cologne-Germany. 29 June 2002.
18) A.A. Al-bassam “Lattice parameters and band gap measurements of Cu In Ga Se. P.V in Europe from PV Technology to energy solution Conference and exhibition Rome-Italy 7-11-October 2002.
19) A.A. Al-bassam Correlation of global solar radiation with hours of sun shine for Saudi Arabia. The 8th international solar energy and applied photochemistry conference. (ENPho'os).Luxor Egypt 2-2-2005.
20) A.A. Al-bassam Single crystal CuSe-CdSe and ZnXCd1-x Se, 20th European Photovoltaic solar energy. Conference an Exhibition Barcelona, Spain 6-10 June 2005.
21) A.A. Al-bassam Grain size and Lattice parameters of Cu In Se2 films.The 9th international conference solar energy and applied photochemistry, [Solar 06]. January 22-26, 2006, Cairo,Egypt.
22) A.A.Al – bassam, Schottky barriers of Cd1-x Znx Se mixed crystal World Renewable Energy congress X and Exhibition 20-25 July 2008, Scotland , UK.
23) A.A. Al–bassam, Lattice Parameters and Energy gap of measurement of Cu In Se2 thin films. 23rd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition 20-26 August 2008, Valencia, Spain.
24) A.A.Al – bassam, Electrical properties of Cd1-xZnxSe Mixed Crystal with x=0.5 and x=0.55. 5th congress of Scientific research outlook in the Arab World-Scientific Innovation and Sustained Development. 20-26 October 2008, Fe Zn Morocco.